Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did the first oil change on my brute. Rode maybe four or five miles and the oil already looks dirty. Anybody know why this is or what may be causing this?

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
what brand oil? and what brand filter did u put on?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
my oil will look dirty after about 5 rides. and they arent long ones. maybe 2 hours each..
does it have a smell to it? I swear mine smells like gas but my stepdad says he cant smell fuel in it so i dunno.

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
my oil will look dirty after about 5 rides. and they arent long ones. maybe 2 hours each..
does it have a smell to it? I swear mine smells like gas but my stepdad says he cant smell fuel in it so i dunno.
I can smell gas in mine alot of times.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Changed mine at 20 hrs and it was amber to dark red on it's way to black. Not black like my dirtbikes after riding an hour.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I have a Honda 450 4 stroke and my son a Honda 150 4 stroke. They just dirty it fast and you can see it through the sight glass.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
I wonder why some bikes dirty oil faster than others..
My stepdad's vinson and my prairie 360 can be ridden a looong time before the engine oil starts to look dirty.
it always looks new when you check it.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I'm going to change mine on the brute here shortly and I'll update.

Not sure why either but I've had awesome results with Rotella T synthetic. Used to run Mobil 1 but feel I'm getting the same results for less money.

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used kawi oil and filter. Yes it does smell like gas. At least I'm not alone in this. I been thinking alot about this. Don't want to have bearing issues already. Maybe it could be something with that crank case vent to the airbox? Not real sure how that works though.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
huh. anyone else's oil smell like gas?
maybe i should try to light it when it smells like that..

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
LOL you beat my too it :haha:

Yes my oil smells like gas too.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I didn't have the heart. LOL. I was waiting to see what happened.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
awwww. :) :smlove2:

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
:grouphug: haha it's all in good fun

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
If you didnt ride a brute we'd have had to been harder on you.. But since your a kawi brother, we'll let you slide. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts