Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
loaded my 05 brute force 750 on the trailer and when i got home it wouldn't start. what i've done since is fixed rear buss connector, checked all other connections,and adjusted the valves. after adlusting the valves it started but won't idle and is very noisy(knocking) after it dies it won't start untill valves are set again and so on. i also checked the timing key and it is fine. any help would be appriciated i'm starting to go crazy!!!!:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

·
Administrator
15,429 Posts
might need a little more detail than that, like, were you riding it before you loaded up to go home? and if so, could it be possibly that you got water in the engine?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Did you tighten the lock nut while holding the adjusment screw with a screw driver?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
sounds like it's running on one cylinder to me..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i had been riding before i loaded, nothing crazy and it ran awesome. when i did the valves i did tighten the lock nut. i probably rode for 3 or 4 hours shutting it off and restarting it before loading.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
you got fire on both plugs?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine did that to me and it ended up being one of the plug boots was almost off, running on one cylinder.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got fire on both plugs i've been away for a while so i have to get back out there and pick up where i left off. i'll post again soon
:rockn:

·
KAJUN MUD SLINGERS
88 Posts
that dont sound right

1 - 9 of 9 Posts