Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Among my other KEBC question, I have always wondered about the Dial-A-Jet product from Thunder Products. Has anyone used them on their Kawasaki ATV?

Living in the Denver Metro area (but originally from the Mid West), I am riding at 5500, 8000, 9000, 10,000 and up to 11,000ft before the ol'girl starts seriously bogging down. So I am good with the jetting on my carbs up to 9000+ but I have trails that are calling that are pushing above 12,500+ specifically on the Continental Divide trails. :)

So you can see why I want to jet on the fly to get the most outta my 02 Prairie 650.

Your thoughts??? BTW, I am open to other solutions if you know of them!

Thanks,

Huntersdad

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't used them but I heard they sometimes don't work right if you get any dirt in them, even the tiniest spec of dirt.

Also I have a performance CDI that will work for you prairie to make it run better.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
every experience that i have read about the dial-a-jet is that it works perfectly.

·
Registered
114 Posts
every experience that i have read about the dial-a-jet is that it works perfectly.
Except for the guys muddin'. I see that they made a snorkle for it now though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also I have a performance CDI that will work for you prairie to make it run better.

Will a new CDI help me with elevation changes? Like most things, I am not familiar with the various CDI replacements or upgrades.

How much will porting my airbox help with the changes in elevation?

Thanks guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts