Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now Ive got 30" backs on my bike, and I really like the backs, but there are a lot of people willing to trade 31" laws for a 30" backs and Im thinking about it. My questions is do the 31" laws put that much more stress on your bike than the 30s? I know both put a lot and there is a good chance of breaking something with the 30s, but does it increase that much more with the 31s? Also, I have the red EPI secondary, is that enough for 31s? Thanks for the help guys

·
Team BS
396 Posts
The 30's and 31's are very similiar, i think you would be happy either way you went. The 31's do have a little more lug but I wouldn't consider it enough to say they will break more and if you were happy with your red secondary with 30's then you will be with the 31's too.

·
Team BS
757 Posts
agreed wit bighead up there

·
Team BS
396 Posts
I personally wouldn't get rid of my backs for 31's and I personally don't like the yellow spring but everyone has they're opinion on both.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i run yellow with my 31's. Seems to do the job.
We'll see how she does with the new pipe.

·
Team BS
757 Posts
the only problem that might be an issue wit the yellow is the heat it produces from being tight on the belt. u can smell the belt "burning" alot. but we shall see how it does.

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
1"....:D

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
the only problem that might be an issue wit the yellow is the heat it produces from being tight on the belt. u can smell the belt "buring" alot. but we shall see how it does.
yep you can smell it when in a hole under load. We'll see how long that belt lasts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the help guys. So I should be safe to go ahead and get the 31s? Im just going to pay alot more attention to the right thumb.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
I like my 31's. You should too :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was looking at your thread on heating the plastics to make them fit, is that still needed if I am running the IRS offset rims and a 2" lift?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guess spacers may be in the future, I'll have to see once I get them on. Im not to worried about the footwells are anything cause they can easily be trimmed.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
I was looking at your thread on heating the plastics to make them fit, is that still needed if I am running the IRS offset rims and a 2" lift?
probably so. They're large tires. If you have to though it doesnt take very long and u cant even tell you did it later on.
Mine still grabbed the front bash plate and ripped it right off. :D
i like how it looks without it I think. now I need a HL bumper and a new front bash plate.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From that story I'm not so sure I believe the tires just "ripped it off" lol.:naughty:
Or is that the story you had to tell somone to get the new HL parts.

I'm telling you, i was just riding and they came right off.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
they'll **** sure rip it off. they rub on it at full or less than full turn. my 28's pulled mine off when it was at stock height. or atleast that's what i blame

·
Administrator
15,446 Posts
I'm his witness for it ripping it right off we were riding and kept hearing SLAPPA SLAPPA SLAPPA every time he turned hard (yes, that IS the sound it was making:D) And before we new it the front plastic bash plate was folded under draggin the ground.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
yep :( now its a cut off piece of junk laying on the floor of my garage. In fact it's still in the same spot it was when you were here, Jon. I'm a tidy guy :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
one of our guys that ride in our group bought a new tyrex and put 30 silver backs on and broke one of his axles the first time out

1 - 20 of 43 Posts