Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This wont be the greatest of how-to but atleast it will give some kind of starting point.

First start of with drilling a hole in the side of the airbox. I used a street 90 to insert into the airbox, I had to trim off some of the 90 on the inside so that it would not interfere with the airfilter housing.

Finish product

list of materials for this is listed starting from airbox:
ALL 2" ABS

• long turn 90 street
  • short pipe so the coupling can be attached to the 90 to make taking airbox off easier.
  • Rubber 2" Coupling
  • Peice of pipe to get you up to where the upright will be. (Dont bother with the coupling that is right after the rubber coupling I screwed up and it was either buy a $2 coupling or another 5ft peice of pipe)
  • short turn 90 (I had to cut i peice of pipe short enough that this part and the next was connected to get it to come out wher i wanted it)
  • long turn 90 street
  • 2" rubber coupling
  • upright of your choosing ( I used Pipe to another street 90)
stock airbox intake:
I used a 3" rubber 90 with the flanges trimmed off. I suggest trimming just the flanges off to start with then trim as needed from there as the 3" 90 arent cheap. you will want to trim the 90 down until it is approx a 45. You will have to trim untile you get it to fit like you want it. It will be a tight fit but it will fit.

Take a street 45 and insert the flanged end into the trimmed 3" 90

Parts listed from airbox:

• 3" rubber 90 trimmed to approx a 45
  • street 45 (flanged end inserted into the rubber 90)
  • street 90
  • 22.5 joint this was necessary for mine to come out close to vertical but you may can get yours alligned better than me.
  • small peice of pipe
  • rubber 2" coupling
  • then the upright of you choosing
CVT intake: easiest one off all its just like MIMB snorkle setup

Parts from bottom to top:

• street 45
  • pipe
  • regular 45
  • pipe
  • 2" rubber coupling
  • upright of your choosing
CVT exhaust: I used a cvt boot off of a KFX700 part number 14073-1851 then used a 2 to 1.5 reducer into this 1.5" spa hose and ran it up the the pod

If anyone finds a mistake let me know and ill fix it. I do not want credit for this as i got ideas from several people to get this done.
Thanks to all who contributed in the links below
LINKS:
http://www.highlifter.com/forum/m_2910853/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#2910853

http://www.highlifter.com/forum/m_2652909/mpage_1/tm.htm

http://www.highlifter.com/forum/m_2673046/mpage_1/key_robert7192/tm.htm#2673080

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
looks good, mate.
thanks for the contribution!

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
How did you attach the long sweep 90 to the air box??

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
epoxy and silicone. I made sure that is was a real tight fit to begin with.

I tried to find some kind of male connector to fit but couldnt find anything that I felt confident that it would fit. You may have better luck than me,

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
epoxy and silicone. I made sure that is was a real tight fit to begin with.

I tried to find some kind of male connector to fit but couldnt find anything that I felt confident that it would fit. You may have better luck than me,
I'll see what I can come up with.. Thanks for the info.. :rockn:

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Here are some pics of the 2nd intake snorkle.. I dont really like how the 2nd one seems restricted inside the airbox, but i dont think it will be too bad.. How does yalls look?? It went rather well I am fixing to go back out and put the plastics on.. I used a tight 90, and stubbed a short piece of pipe throught the airbox, I then used about 3/8 piece of a coupling that I cut off and glued on to the pipe on the inside of the box, I then caulked the crap out of it.. Now I have to call Flynt tomorrow, and get his opinion on the jetting.. It is all stock with a big gun, and uni filter.. I currently am running what he suggested and it was dead on..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the second one isnt nearly as restrictive as you may think Mine is running 165 in both carbs with my motor work and big gun with stock air filter W/O the screen under it. im still not 100% thats right on mine but thats what he put it in when i took it back to tune after my big gun. one of these days ill put it on dyno and get it tuned right but until that time comes ill run whats in it now.

oh BTW if i didnt know any better i would say that you went and took a pic of my bike. thats exactly what mine looks like

·
Administrator
15,446 Posts
not as long as your getting the right amount of air, no.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my opinion is that all brute should do dual snorks it just feeds the motor that much more and and fuel comes with it. But as long as you use a 3 inch elbow with the MIMB setup then that should good enough as long as you dont have serious motor mods. And as long as its jetted correctly then you shouldnt loose any power

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
My engine is stock except for the big gun, Dynatek cdi, and uni filter. I did the mimb snorkle, a while back and ran a 138/140 jet in my brute.. After I did the above mods I am pretty close at 148/150 jet. That is what Flynt recommended. It has a slight hesitation when I go from idle to full throttle. I think I may be a touch lean, if I cover one snorkel when I go from idle to full throttle there is no hesitation.. I have noticed a significant seat of the pants gain in power..

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wouldnt know if i gained anything seat of pants from just dual snorks cause i did dual snorks, full big gun, FCP 801, and dynatek all at the same time. definite seat of the pant increase with all that

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I cant imagine how that first ride must have been... My buddy had his engine built by Flynt, with just High compression pistons, and web cams.. Man what a difference..:rockn:

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
it was definitely an eye opener:eek::rockn:

Anyone know where an ATV dyno that can also tune the AF ratio that is close to between Jackson,ms and memphis, TN. This summer when I get back to working I'm gonna get it dynoed and tuned to see what kind of RWHP its puttin out

·
Team BS
396 Posts
I haven't started on mine yet but I had an idea today that I thought I would share. I'm going to use a street 90 coming out of he box and the flanged part inside the airbox to help with a tighter fit. Use a plastic type jb weld to secure it. I'm also thinking of a street 90 on the outside with a short piece of pipe through the box and a flange cut off of a fitting glued to the pipe on the inside.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You need to make sure that the air filter will fit back on. There isn't a lot of room left after the air filter housing is out back on

·
Team BS
396 Posts
Did you try to put the street 90 you used through the hole from the inside?

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i didnt try but the first time i did it i had to break it back apart because i couldnt get the housing back on. it is only like 1/4" to 1/2" before it hits the filter housing while putting it on.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
it was definitely an eye opener:eek::rockn:

Anyone know where an ATV dyno that can also tune the AF ratio that is close to between Jackson,ms and memphis, TN. This summer when I get back to working I'm gonna get it dynoed and tuned to see what kind of RWHP its puttin out

Give Desoto Honda a call.They have a dyno. http://www.desotohonda.net/

I've never used them personally but i here good things about them.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts