Mud in My Blood Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m in San Antonio and it’s gets hot I have 2008 840 brute I had moved the radiator up top on the front rack and not having any air blowing on the motor From the fan she was running hot .i moved it back down and she’s running about 25 degrees lower but still warm still pretty warm .i found another fan and radiator put it on top ran the hose from the motor looking at the bike left side the upper hose to the upper port on the radiator the lower port to the top port on the radiator under the fender to the topside so the hose is going from the low side to water pump stayed the same .i have both fans switched so I can turn off the lower one when I’m in the water /mud trail riding I run the lower fan I header wrapped the exhaust as well so far about 50 degree difference I also added additive to the radiator fluid tomorrow is the test I have had it running in the driveway for 1/2 hour it hasn’t gotten above 150 Changed the snorkels so to get max air flow for the clutch case I also changed the thermostat and impeller and complete exhaust , good lord I hope she runs

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m in San Antonio and it’s gets hot I have 2008 840 brute I had moved the radiator up top on the front rack and not having any air blowing on the motor From the fan she was running hot .i moved it back down and she’s running about 25 degrees lower but still warm still pretty warm .i found another fan and radiator put it on top ran the hose from the motor looking at the bike left side the upper hose to the upper port on the radiator the lower port to the top port on the radiator under the fender to the topside so the hose is going from the low side to water pump stayed the same .i have both fans switched so I can turn off the lower one when I’m in the water /mud trail riding I run the lower fan I header wrapped the exhaust as well so far about 50 degree difference I also added additive to the radiator fluid tomorrow is the test I have had it running in the driveway for 1/2 hour it hasn’t gotten above 150 Changed the snorkels so to get max air flow for the clutch case I also changed the thermostat and impeller and complete exhaust , good lord I hope she runs
They are in series

41 - 42 of 42 Posts