4K views 34 replies 12 participants last post by  dylanva 
#1 ·
Who's ready????

I can't friggin wait!

#2 ·
We've been brushing blinds

KAWI RULES

#4 ·
Man I'm so ready. They slew the teal at the blind and I wasn't home. Thinking about getting one of the new A-5s.

If you can't duck it... Leave it alone.

#6 ·
Haven't duck hunted in 2 years. Got an awesome spot just not a lot of experience in it.

Sent from the mans IPhone.

#7 ·
Well we've been scouting for two weeks now and I'm liking the results. Should have a great couple of hunts in the week long November season. I'm putting up some duck boxes and working on a couple of blinds this weekend.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

This weather lately is getting me pumped. Ready for some dogs, duck calls and a shotgun to my jaw.

#8 ·
Yeah I'm stoked, all the snow up north should have them on the move down south. Where i will be waiting to greet them with some #2's

#10 ·
Ticka Ticka Ticka Ticka Quaaaack Quack quack quack. Shhh shhh boys keep your head down... Let em get one more pass... Ok ok they're breaking now... Get ready wait wait till they're almost on the water... Ok TAKE EM!!!

It's almost here boys and girls.

#12 ·
Cousin just sent me these pics of the blind. Field Soil Grass Prairie Grassland
Soil Land lot Grass Rural area Field
Off-roading Soil Vehicle Car Mud

#13 ·
Well two more weeks! I did some more scouting this weekend, and it looks like its gonna be a great morning AND afternoon spot! Jumped up about 10 woodies headed in to the pond, called in a dozen or so mallards that roost in a pond about 300 yards away from mine, and saw about 30 geese! gonna be a good mid season hunt!

#14 ·
Well the time is here fellas. I even took my drake jacket out the closet to wear it all day and prepare for tomorrow morning's hunt.

#16 ·
Yea we did real good. My buddy has a bad*** lease down in gueydan, LA and Saturday morning we had 5 of us and were 3 shy of our limit and Sunday they limitted out by 8:30am. I think he went again monday morning and limitted out as well.

#18 ·
Pic isn't to clear but this is looking out of one side of the blind. On the other side he has the exact same set up. Get to hunt two ponds at once
Sky Sunset Water Cloud Evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
wow i just logged on and saw that you posted on this thread P. Immediately thought, he probably posted something like elmer fudd... and i called it. i swear.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

thats sweet man. beautiful place.

Mines just an old South Georgia cypress pond

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

We usually go to MS/LA border to hunt every year, but I'm gonna have to skip that trip this year because we just had a baby

#21 ·
Yea Greenkitty7 its Legit. The lease has a camp, 2 private blinds, 6 open blinds, 5 deer stands, and the guy has all sorts of tractors with bushogs, plows, etc that you can use whenever you want. Oh and he also has 2 trained hunting dogs that you can take hunting with you lol.

#22 ·
wow. talk about full service. I own two of the places i hunt. And im on a lease. But yall have much better shooting over there than we do here. Our good day is like yalls bad day. I've shot right on the border of MS and LA and wanted to move there! lol

#24 ·
ours has been awesome up until last friday. I hunt off of a roost in the mornings for some pass shooting at woodies/ mallards that roost there. We set up away from the roost, never on the roost. Well half of the roost is on some adjacent property. Some idiots set up on that other property, dead in the middle of the roost and shot all morning long friday morning, and pretty much ruined that spot for us this weekend and maybe even the rest of the season. Had to be some of the new Duck Dynasty fan base. I could tell by the calling that they werent very experienced and by the amout of shots to the amount of birds killed. What pisses me off is these guys knew that was our spot and I told them not to come back to shoot it until the end of the season, but they were there Saturday morning too! All of mine and my hunting buddies (mostly mine) hard work has been ruined!

#26 ·
i got a buddy up in NC that has been sending me a bunch of pictures of wood ducks. he said thats all they are getting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.