Mud in My Blood Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just put a dynatek CDI box in my 2007 Brute Force, carburetored, and it is awesome so far for the power. However, the bike switched from 4WD to 2WD like it is supposed to and will not switch back. Does anyone know if the Dynatek could affect this, or is this just a coincidence? Also, I changed the pilot jets to 40's, shimmed the needles .040 already and it backfires with a hard deceleration from a hard acceleration. Any info on this would be much help.

·
Super Moderator
7,532 Posts
Hey all, I just put a dynatek CDI box in my 2007 Brute Force, carburetored, and it is awesome so far for the power. However, the bike switched from 4WD to 2WD like it is supposed to and will not switch back. Does anyone know if the Dynatek could affect this, or is this just a coincidence? Also, I changed the pilot jets to 40's, shimmed the needles .040 already and it backfires with a hard deceleration from a hard acceleration. Any info on this would be much help.
The Dynatek CDI has no control over the actuators, it just deletes the RPM limiters and the limp mode..but not the belt light. It also adds 5-degrees of spark advance across the RPM range...even at idle.

You did right for the pilots and the shims so either you have a blown exhaust gasket...or a split carb boot...or a leaking airbox lid gasket. You could also have low float levels of the AF screws are set something less then 2.25 turns out from closed. Try setting those no more then 2.75 turns out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@NMKawierider , thank you for the info. I did find, after your suggestion, a hole in my exhaust pipe for the front cylinder. I will get new gaskets and repair or replace the pipe. I didn't think the Dynatek CFI had anything to do with the actuators. I did drive through a monsoon with the bike on the trailer, maybe I have an issue with the electrical. I will try and diagnose it. Thanks again for help!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to wrap this up, I ended up shimming the needles 0.052 thousands, repaired the exhaust hole and I have no backfiring through any of the power cycle now. Found out that my switch on the handle bar was corroded, cleaned it up and all works as it should!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts