Mud in My Blood Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The only E Free gas around here is 93 octane and it's about .20 higher a gallon than regular 93.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Are you sure it's E-Free? Everyone sells "Premium"
Yeah, there is a law here that it must be labeled as ethanol if it is a mixture. The 'Premium' at the QTs is just dinos....

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
price per gallon as of 2/28

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Wow it would cost more to ride then hauling it there to ride.lol

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
yup. thats for sure. just runs so good with it. one thing i am curious about though..... is gas treated with 10% or less Eythanol really that bad for engines? i guess i mean , will it shorten the life of the motor? i have talked to a few motor heads and they say its terrible for motors, especially smaller ones. does it actually cause pre mature break down of any internal parts or fuel systems. because if that is true, than filling up for a weekend of riding hard would be worththe way higher price, i would think. any hard knowledge on this? :confusion::confusion:

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

i appalogize if this has been covered already. im checkin this thing on the run like ussual, so cant search

·
Administrator
15,423 Posts
Yes, it's especially bad for rubber, and paper i.e. gaskets and hoses.

·
Registered
779 Posts
yup. thats for sure. just runs so good with it. one thing i am curious about though..... is gas treated with 10% or less Eythanol really that bad for engines? i guess i mean , will it shorten the life of the motor? i have talked to a few motor heads and they say its terrible for motors, especially smaller ones. does it actually cause pre mature break down of any internal parts or fuel systems. because if that is true, than filling up for a weekend of riding hard would be worththe way higher price, i would think. any hard knowledge on this? :confusion::confusion:

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

i appalogize if this has been covered already. im checkin this thing on the run like ussual, so cant search
This is true!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Shoot it is 4.70 a gallon here for that 90 non e gas....I am gonna try it to see if there is a noticeable diff but I do think I am gonna start running it in the 300 regardless with it being carb

21 - 29 of 29 Posts