Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see that there is an auction on ebay for brute wheel spacers. their made by the Tread Company. u get 4 -1.5" spacers for 90$ but they look kinda weak, lots of the aluminum has been cut away. has anybody seen or used these things? im thinking of ordering a set of these and a cheap-o lift kit from ebay

·
Registered
856 Posts
which ones r they i ll look at them . could not find them . but the lift same as HL made by a different company, i believe its a d2moto

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Lets Get It
338 Posts
im running the ones travis put up from rhino parts, built good, no problems!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
im running the ones travis put up from rhino parts, built good, no problems!!

so 1.5" is a good average to go with?

i am going to have 29.5" skinny's all the way around

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
try again

Attachments

·
Registered
856 Posts
try again
i dont see anything wrong with those spacers they just took a little more off around where the lug for the atv goes.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At $100.00 per set, i think i'll try em. Have any of yall ever broke a spacer before or even heard of one breaking?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
ive never heard of a broken spacer. i have heard of broken stud extenders.
being that you have an 09, you need to make sure those work with the tabs on the hub.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just be careful after the spacers are on. I tend to get lodged in ruts, from being just a little too wide, and if you engage 4x4 while its lodged it wont be pretty. Loud nasty pops.. I've had to be pulled out of ruts before from being lodged in them and can back out. Just a heads up before you arnt thinking and pop 4x4 on.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The center hole of the spacer needs to be at least 3.25" to clear the little tabs on the hub. i asked the seller if they would work, waiting to here back. thanks for bringing up that point Phreebsd

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
spacers

Just bought them last week they went on easy and everything fits well but im waiting on a bearing and seal for my front diff so i can get it back togeather and get out and do some deep mudn. I just joined the site yesturday so i dont really know anyone here yet.:rockn:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
welcome brutemike, you bought those exact ones? what year is ur brute?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts