Mud in My Blood Forum banner
1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a post about canam fuel pump equivalent, the OEM was $280 and the equivalent in autozone was about $80, I was wondering if there is also an equivalent for the BF since the OEM is around $600

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i'd love to disassemble my pump assembly and get to the actual pump motor. there's got to be one out there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just got mine back together. The pump motor itself is made by mitsubishi,I didnt see any numbers on it tho.
ps. There is another screen in there that WILL get stopped up if you get mud in your tank.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
thanks for that information. :)

would you happen to have a pic of the actual pump?

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
with all the issues i had with mine and havin to spend that 700 to get mine back from the dealership, i never thought to take any pics with all the drama and finally...excitement there was. if i come across another pump i will get somethin on here for everyone to see, maybe between us on here we can save someone some serious cash....

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
that's what im hoping.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I got mine pulled out at the house and I will take a few pictures when I put the new one in

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I know the 750s are diff from the 650 SRA but when I had my 650 I had to change it....was just a plastic box on top of the gas tank with a diaphram inside that worked off vacuum but anyways a local shop here in Crosby, Tx called EAST-TEX got me an aftermarket part for like 35 bucks...talk to Shawn...281-328-6686. You may give him a try, he's a real cool guy to deal with...I use him alot

·
Registered
219 Posts
when I had my 650 I had to change it....was just a plastic box on top of the gas tank with a diaphram inside that worked off vacuum
This is the vacuum operated fuel pump for carbed engines (yea, it's broken and no good).

Here is the electric fuel pump for EFI 750s.

They are COMPLETELY different type.

MGM

·
Registered
212 Posts
I will look at pressure ratings in the manual and try to get my hands on an old pump and i will do some diggin through the fuel pump books

·
Registered
219 Posts
I will look at pressure ratings in the manual and try to get my hands on an old pump and i will do some diggin through the fuel pump books
EFI 750 Fuel Pump Spec:
Pressure: 43 PSI
Flowrate: 1.7 oz or 50 cc minimum for 3 seconds

MGM

·
Banned
564 Posts
That vacuum pump looks like a Briggs & Stratton pump.

I have one of those on my 27HP Intek v-twin Briggs.

·
Registered
219 Posts
That vacuum pump looks like a Briggs & Stratton pump.

I have one of those on my 27HP Intek v-twin Briggs.
Yes, it does!
They all operate in a same manner.
The pump has 3 fittings on housing:
1. Vacuum source - usually from intake part of the top end engine, like intake port of the head on the BF750.
2. Fuel In - from the fuel tank.
3. Fuel Out - to the carb.

MGM

·
Banned
564 Posts
Yes, it does!
They all operate in a same manner.
The pump has 3 fittings on housing:
1. Vacuum source - usually from intake part of the top end engine, like intake port of the head on the BF750.
2. Fuel In - from the fuel tank.
3. Fuel Out - to the carb.

MGM
Yepp, I just went outside and took a picture of the lawnmower.

·
Registered
30 Posts
And here's a link to Mitsubishi Electric's Website where they "advertise" their fuel pump modual to buyers like Kawasaki and other manufacturers.

http://global.mitsubishielectric.com/company/rd/advance/pdf/vol121/vol121_tr4.pdf

The bad news being that it's Mitsubishi's fault we can't buy just the pump, tank screen, or filter cartridge. They only make available the whole unit I suspect. Sadly were gonna have to wait till Denso or Walbro reverse engineer the pump and for other aftermarket parts manufacturers to make the filters.

·
Wilson Creek Riders
1,763 Posts
Hmmmmm. Nice links.

I'm sure someone will find resolve to this. $700 for a pump is OUTRAGEOUS

1 - 20 of 215 Posts