Mud in My Blood Forum banner
201 - 215 of 215 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
If it's just a hesitation, it could be clutch stall. But if it's a bog in the motor and then it revs up, it could be your tune. Any performance mods?

·
Registered
25 Posts
If it's just a hesitation, it could be clutch stall. But if it's a bog in the motor and then it revs up, it could be your tune. Any performance mods?

It does it while in neutral as we'll so I don't think it's a clutch issue. It only does it when at idle, if I bring the RPM's up just ever so slightly and then pin it it revs up strong as ever.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got a good deal on an 08 from a friend after it sat for a while. My symptom is bogging after 1/4 throttle. New fuel didn't work so started with the 1st filter (Flip from amazon), then drilled out the hole at the 2nd filter with a 1/4" bit (could have gone a hair bigger). Have some surgical tools that worked great for tearing it out.

Next is the inline filter and vent relocate.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Measure the fuel pressure. That will point you in the right direction. if you've got good pressure it could be spark issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
The roll over sensor will cut off fuel on a FI bike. What are you working on?

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have an automotive sock filter on the bottom took out the fine steel screen in the housing and put an automotive filter after the pump and mine is working I used the old pump motor

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have an automotive sock filter on the bottom took out the fine steel screen in the housing and put an automotive filter after the pump and mine is working I used the old pump motor

This. Don't need a new fuel pump most of the time. The outer sick filter gets clogged and he inside mesh one does too. I poked out the mesh one as well and an inline filter after the pump when I had my 2012 brute and that fixed all my fuel pump issues (3 times in 1000 miles). Also reran tank vent line up to the handlebar area and put a stone air filter on it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys.

This thread has really wonderful info in it.

Mine is now having issues under load, and over 1/2 throttle.

I'll do the new sock filter, pump, and remove the inner filter.

How long does it take to remove plastics, racks and such, and get to the pump?

1.5 hrs or so?

Complete job 4-5 hrs.

Thanks for all the info.

Jeff

·
Registered
12 Posts
How long does it take to remove plastics, racks and such, and get to the pump?
I'd say you're pretty close in your estimate of 4 hours or so. Just depends on how much of a hurry you're in.

I found this video really helpful for the inner screen removal - none of the threads I read accurately described how to remove it, and this ended up being my problem:

Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,
do I understand the solution rightly? You change the first sock filter, then you destroy the second mesh filter and as a third step you insert an inline fuel filter between the pump and motor?
I am from Germany, can you tell me where I can get a new sock filter?
Thank you
tomtom

201 - 215 of 215 Posts