Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 750 Brute Force. If I do the exhaust mods shown in the how to section, will I have to get a programmer? If so which one is best.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
From what I understand you will not have to..
This changes the sound more than if affects performance I think..
Maybe someone will chime in... like Stogi maybe :)

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Same here. I've read that you will not have to change anything but i have not tried it my self.

IMO if you don't have to add any more fuel that means no performance was gained right? It just sounds tougher,which is cool if thats what your looking for.

·
Banned
384 Posts
Yeah... it's more for getting a better sound out of it. It may flow a small amount more but nothing you'll need to be concerned about unless you are ocd about have a perfect fuel ratio.

But as stated it did smooth out the power band compared to the HMF. It doesn't rev out as quick. Depends on what your looking for.

I'm still trying to talk Mrs. Clause into a Muzzy for Christmas.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys. That is what I am looking for, not wanting to race, I use mine to hunt on and make a few of the rides around here, Merango, just wanted it to growl a little.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Yeah... it's more for getting a better sound out of it. It may flow a small amount more but nothing you'll need to be concerned about unless you are ocd about have a perfect fuel ratio.

But as stated it did smooth out the power band compared to the HMF. It doesn't rev out as quick. Depends on what your looking for.

I'm still trying to talk Mrs. Clause into a Muzzy for Christmas.
So how did it work out for Christmas?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
im going big gun myself. about 400 to the door.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just finished the exhaust mods. thought someone might want to hear it.

[ame=http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k119/thunderhead_1001/?action=view&current=MOV05Amov.flv]
[/ame]

·
Administrator
15,446 Posts
sweet!!! I might have to sell the LRD and do that to my stocker! haha!

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Nice!!
Nice plug of the site name in there :rockn:

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Oh yeah.The camera felt the power :rockn:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Did you mod it exactly like the HOW TO? or did you change it up any.
Sounds good.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Did you mod it exactly like the HOW TO? or did you change it up any.
Sounds good.
I was wondering that as well. The end looks larger in diameter.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
sounds good

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes it is a HMF cap, I turned it to the side a little, plan on a bumper in the future, tack welded some nuts to the inside of stock end, the only thing I did different was I didnt open the turbine as much as Stogi. I like it, its not too loud so I can still hunt with it.

·
Banned
384 Posts
Yeah I could tell it wasn't opened as much. It'll get a little throatier with the turbine opened up more but not much louder. Still sounds good though. Great cheap mod....

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Sounds awesome!!! For a brute that is....:34: I'm glad youdecided to turn the tip to the side a little. Lets see that thing doing some wheelies!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts