Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im think im gonna try to do a exhaust snork on my HMF took the end cap off its 3-1/2" across need to find something for that and what size pipe looks best anybody out there do this

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i was told the pipe is 2"
the pipe u need is 304 stainless.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
consider all this, i got it straight from HMF

If you still want add a snorkel to your exhaust, make sure you support the snorkel by other means than just the endcap. You need a strap or mount running to the frame or rack to support the snorkel. Otherwise you will tear the endcap off the muffler. Also the packing inside the muffler will wear out at a faster rate than normal when used with a snorkel because of higher temperatures inside the muffler. Repacking will need to be performed more often.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i was wondering which one sounds the best cause iwas thinking of doing the same

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts

·
Team BS
396 Posts
i was wondering which one sounds the best cause iwas thinking of doing the same
I personally don't like the sound of them or at least haven't heard one yet that I like. But I know some guys thinking about doing it as well just to help keep the water out if it dies when deep.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i guess I did. i had assumed when he said HMF he was going to make his own snork for his swamp series instead of buying it.
SORRY!! :(

he only said HMF

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry about that its a utility series and yes if it dies, just dont want water in the motor ,you know what im talking about

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
All you need for support is 1 U-bolt...Drill two holes through your rack, run a U-bolt around the snork then through the rack and it will not go anywhere...Solid as the rack is...

·
Riddin Dirty...
491 Posts
I am seriously considering this since I sucked some water in the pipe after foolishly diving off into 6' of swamp water. My main concern is the heat of the extension. Is it gonna burn my girlfriend if she simply bumps it or not.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
It gets pretty dang hot. Get some exhaust wrap. She'll be ok then.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts

·
Riddin Dirty...
491 Posts

·
Administrator
15,430 Posts
:haha: She would kill me.
I dont want to be around when any of that happend... lol... hey dont forget to get you some oil filters...

·
Parkin Lot Pimpin
205 Posts
I had a local exhaust shop do mine. I used a 31/2x2 washer and drilled the holes off of the factory end cap. Had them weld the 2in pipe to the washer and he welded me a support from the back rack. All he used for the support was a u bolt and an exhaust hanger. Here's a pic of it. Sorry for the size, it was the only way I could get a close up shot because I sold the bike.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts