Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this has been done before I just can't find the threads. I'd like to mount an external air filter up above my airbox instead of running an air snorkel. Can someone steer me in the right direction? Has anyone ran this system and how did it work for ya?

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
112 Posts
I want to introduce to Brute Force owners an innovative product that has truly made a difference on my ATV. I have been running the EHS (edited) airbox lid on my Kawasaki Brute Force 750 for about 6 months. I closed the stock intake opening, and as a result steam, water, and mud never gets in my airbox when riding through puddles and crossing streams. My engine now gets all it's air through the EHS lid. It is available with a cover guard for protection from sticks, limbs, etc. that may puncture the outerwear. I used to have snorkles on my Brute Force, but I like this better for normal trail riding. Snorkles are still better for riding in the deep water, because you cannot ride where water touches the EHS lid and you can run snorkles higher. The EHS lid has proven itself durable over the miles that I have used it, and no water has gotten in while riding in rain. It also helps keep dust out of the filter area when riding in dry dusty conditions. You will have to jet if you use this lid, but if you use snorkles you do too. Snorkles you jet down because of restricted air flow, with this EHS lid you will jet up gaining more power. I drag race and this lid works really good for that. The EHS allows cooler air to feed the engine instead of hot air trapped under the plastic, which helps performance.

EHS also has a tuner available for the 08 fuel injected Brute Force. If you have any questions feel free to contact me or Eric at (edited). Eric is super nice guy and he does the research & developement. They have a dyno there and he talks to people that want the products to find out what they need or want before trying to develope it. They offer many products to make our atv's better for what we want them to do. Get in touch with him and tell him I sent you and he will give you a better price.

Photo: EHS Brute Force Airbox Lid

Photo: The guard is offset above the airbox to allow maximum airflow.

Found this. Hope it helps.

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
112 Posts
They also have this one for the mud guys.

( no links to none sponsor businesses allowed )

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Guys i edited the links out of your post. You can post all the pics you want and talk about the product all you want but according to the rules the links and not allowed.

Quote from MIMB rules.
Do not place advertisements for a business in signature lines or in posts. We also prohibit link(s) to external spamming agencies/websites. Any links to businesses or there product pages will be removed as well as contact information (no phone numbers) unless these companies are sponsors of the forum/website. (see "Sponsors") Pictures of products are allowed for reference purposes in threads if posted by a forum member (i.e. pictures of Outlaw or Silverback Tires, CATVOS Lifts, etc..) as long as the pictures do not contain contact info for the company in question.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Back on subject. Duncan i hear a lot of good reports about the EHS racing lid Debo Brute posted up.

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
112 Posts
Sorry bout that. I guess I need to brush up on them rules a little more.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Debo Brute the mud lid is a great idea for people wanting to get ride of the crappy stock air intake location but not have to cut plastic. But i been reading on another site where some are having trouble with not getting enough air through the lid if they have a taller then stock air filter installed. The taller filter is so close to the lid that it actually restricts the air trying to enter. They are suppose to work great with stock filters and some of the after market filters.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's perfect for the person that really don't need to snorkel there Brute, but wants to be able to play in the shallow stuff.

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
112 Posts
Teah been telling TX4PLAY about this. He is already a foot taller than me and doesn't really want to cut plastic to snorkle yet. Definately something to consider if thats the case. I already did my snorkles before I read about this.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I guess you'd have to do the under the pod mod with those.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow thanks for the response. my modified air consists of 2" hole in lid which i covered with frogskin I kept stoke intake & run k & n with bag. But what I wanna do is put a 2" pipe in that hole mount a harley K&N and close of stock intake and pull inner K&N out. Think that'll work?

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I don't see why it would not work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts