Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while riding yesterday I went through quit alot of mud and water, nothing over the bottom of the fenders. at the end of the day after riding all day, with stops, my FI light started flashing. I parked it for a few and then when I cranked it back up it was gone. washed it off and got it back home pulled it off my truck and cranked still not flashing. could this be because it over heated or should I take it to the dealer for a check. out of warranty.

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
112 Posts
Check your coolant level first. Mine did the same thing. My coolant was low. Once it was up to the full mark it was ok. Make sure you keep your radiator clean. I wash mine out after every ride for about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea my coolant in the overflow is at the normal level, and i do try to keep it clean. I was just wondering since it went off after letting it cool down should I take it to get checked or is it ok. I think if something was wrong with the FI it would continue to blink

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
112 Posts
I would think if something other than overheating was wrong it would stay on. Mine did it one time and went off and hasn't came on since. I say keep an eye on it and as long as it's running ok it should be fine.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Before I put my fan switch on mine would overheat pretty often and almost every time the FI light would come on. It shouldn't be more than the overheating causing it to come on.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
mine did the same as above. check the circuit breaker for the fan. also do the fan switch mod, leave it on while riding and dont worry.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what is the fan mod you are talking about

·
Registered
13 Posts
Another thing is that if you havn't put dielectric grease on all your connectors then water could have gotten in a plug and caused it. Pain in the butt to get to ALL of them but worth it in the end.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
barry, you take a ground wire from the battery to a switch then to your fan. it allows you to turn ther fan on when you want it, but still will function normally when you forget to turn it on. its good for water, turn it on, cool the motor, turn it off and go play.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts