Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Brute Force 750
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new filter for the BF, not sure if OEM, but was advertised as a "Genuine Kawasaki Air Filter" and was wondering if the Kawi air filters need some sort of oil before use, and if so, where do you find it?

Thanks, everyone responding have been great help so far

·
7,484 Posts
Some are pre-oiled but I NEVER trust that they have enough although you should feel it on it and the inside of the package has the film. Use any quality foam filter oil only. I use Maxima FAB-1. Get it most anywhere.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the quick response.
i'd recommend just getting a K&N washable red filter and not worry about it, also a much better filter than OEM.
just grab a filter recharge kit and keep the two spritz bottles in the little cargo box, makes field cleaning the filter very easy.

·
Registered
2007 Brute Force 750
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'd recommend just getting a K&N washable red filter and not worry about it, also a much better filter than OEM.
just grab a filter recharge kit and keep the two spritz bottles in the little cargo box, makes field cleaning the filter very easy.
I've heard very mixed opinions on those K&N filters, which kinda pushed me away from them. The filter I have on now is BAD. That's why I just bought OEM to get a half decent filter asap. But thanks for the response.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've heard very mixed opinions on those K&N filters, which kinda pushed me away from them. The filter I have on now is BAD. That's why I just bought OEM to get a half decent filter asap. But thanks for the response.
well this one has been on the whole of last season pretty much and through the dry NH of last july and the mud of the fall season and have not had any issues, the increased airflow does seem to help on the higher end of the rpm specturm, my BF is a 08 carb model though so EFIs may be a bit different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts