Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my snorks finished today...took about 5 and a half hours to finish and look awsome....still need to test em out but i did the hand test and it dies after about 2 seconds and holds suction for 20 seconds or greater so i think she's sealed up good

·
Kajun Mud Slingers
1,616 Posts
Looks good. :rockn:

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Great job :rockn:

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
good job! looks good! :rockn:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys i'm lookin forward to testin these bad boys out

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Good job. Welcome the the world of assurance :)

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I couldn't be happier with mine. My snorkels got tested saturday in WV riding through Pinnacle Creek, I hit a deep hole and water came up over my front hood, and my bike kept running, and didn't even sputter. In my opinion, they paid for there selves.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm curious as to why you cant just snorkel the airbox and let the tranny breath from the airbox as is does from the factory. That way you would only need 2 snorks, airbox in and tranny out. Anyone have the answer to this? :thinking:

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
it doesnt breath from the airbox.
They do share the same splash shroud though. i could see how one would think they pull from the intake.

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
^ Yep... It doesnt actually go into the airbox, just, runs up in front of it & has that splash gaurd.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Exactly right

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well there you go, I knew there must have been a reason.

My buddy has a brute 750 with 28" outlaws all around. He's flooded out his bike twice now (water in the airbox) by going through not very deep water (1 foot or so) but going fast. I think the 12" wide tires up front are causing to much splash on the splashgaurd, then sucking it in. I have 27" mudlites with the 10" wide upfront, never had this problem. anyone know for sure about this.

·
Kajun Mud Slingers
1,616 Posts
that is why i am doing my MIMB Snorks when i get home from offshore....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts