Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finilly got to really ride my brute besides around the farm went to jackson in southern ohio. The first day was a blast rode with my 2 buddies that live there. We rode from 10am to dark and never rode the same trail twice. My brute did great. alittle to get used to the lift and 28 zillas in the trails. The tires did great pulling very hard in all conditions we climbed some really big hills. The only down fall was the grips on the sides seemed to pull the bars when in ruts. but thats what there there for traction. Well heres the bad new on the second day My buddy jake wanted to ride his yamaha 450 dirt bike cuz it was going to be in the 70s. Well a hour into the ride he crashed infront of me really bad hits some bumps and just lost it going over the bars and flipping end over end atleast 7 times. We we got to him he thought he just got the wind knocked out of him. He got up and was tell us to take his helmet off. then after a couple mins he still could not get a full breath. Being 30mins from any phone. He started yelling at us to get him out of there. We carfully put him on a quad and got him to a phone where we called 911. they took him to chillicothie hosp. and then after the x rays there found out he had broke his neck in 2 places, his back and 5 ribs. They then life filghted him to OSU in columbus. He had surgury the next morning. They took bone from his hip and rebuilt his back. 2 rods and 13 screws. He spent a week in osu and came home wed. I have to admit We never wore helmets the day before the crash but it was so dusty we wore them that day and thank god. If it was not for his chest protector and helmet he would be dead.

·
Kajun Mud Slingers
1,616 Posts
sorry to hear about your buddy hope he has a speedy recovery...glad to hear you enjoy the brute though.

·
Administrator
15,424 Posts
cool pics :rockn:

glad your buddy is going to be ok!

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
Sounds like nasty spill!! Good thinking and glad he's giong to be ok.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Must have been a nasty crash. Good to see he's doing ok. Nice pics. Look like its would be a cool place to ride.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
really sry for your buddy long recovery in place most likely, but def def somewhere i would love to live and ride looks beautiful.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys hopefully he wont be layd up 4 to long. 8 weeks in the c collor and 3 months in a back brace. He said he never wants to see the dirt bike again but hes going to keep his brute. Hes says the bike won he has had it 2 years the first year broke his knee and now his neck and back so hes done. The first time he got hurt his wife got him aflac as a joke lucky she did cuz now he should not fall behind on bills if hes layd up all year. Me and my GF went to see him last sunday and he wants me to not stop coming down and riding just cuz he cant go. It wont be the same without him but I will still go cuz it is so great down there and he wants me to. I have a blast every time I ride there. We were talking about the pic ontop of the hill that had to be one of the greatest days of riding

·
Team BS
757 Posts
i alwasy where a helmet when ridin my dirt bikes. after racing for 10 years and hittin the ground ALOT, i am glad i had my helmet on. i didnt always where a chest protector though. glad to hear that he is doin better. tell him if he wants to get rid of that bike, he can donate it to me ;), ive been wantin a 450.

·
Registered
101 Posts
hey man hope your buddy is ok. keep us informed on how he is.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Dude, sorry to hear about your buddy, and I do wish him a full speedy recovery. Nice pics, I plan on riding Hatfield - McCoy trails in Pinnacle Creek WV Easter weekend and that is also some beautiful country to ride. I love riding in the mountians every chance I get. Good Luck with your Brute and hope you continue enjoy the Brute.

·
Lets Get It
338 Posts
Looks like a nice place to ride

Sorry for your buddy

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
491 Posts
Truly sorry to hear of your friends misfortune, wish him a speedy recovery for us. Glad to hear your enjoying that Brute, hopefully y'all will be hittin the trails together again before long.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
:eek:Glad he is gonna make it !! I broke my back in 3 places when i was 13 on a honda 200 type 2 . I hope his recovery goes as well as mine !:bigok:

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
hope he gets better.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Dang your buddy is lucky. Glad he's alive though. I won't get on dirtbikes without safety equipt, but I still love riding them!

Sounds like fun before the crash though!:rockn:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts