Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have to fix my buddys honda.:rolleyes: anyone have any tips or pointers on how to tear down the rear end of a 2005 foreman 500 s ?

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
wat u trying to do?

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh:34:My bad ... I am going to replace the u-joint that is at the pivot point of the swingarm

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
have fun. my foreman 500 needa one before i got rid of it.... heard it a ***** to get the swingarm pin out.

think the bolt for the swing arm comes off from the right side.

try hondaforeman.com for help

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks I told my buddy this is why i dont ride red anymore (too hard to fix) and he just tells me how high kawie parts are:haha:

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
i rode red from 2000 to 09 2000 to 05 i rode a 450 which was a tank then 05 got the 500. talkin bout a piece of crap.. it was tore up all the time

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not that hard to do i've broke mine twice hardest part is getting the two 17mm bolts out of the swing arm . There's one on each side behind the round plastic caps the one on the right side has a lock nut on it on mine the lock nut came out with the bolt. I had to use a big cheater pipe to break the bolts loose. Take off shocks ,vent lines,brake adjusters and the rear end is ready to come out. Made sure to check the rear main seal for damage.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet man thanks :bigok:gonna do this on sat will post up pics for a how -to this appears to happen a bunch

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just replaced mine again last weekend just make sure to get all the chunks of the u-joint cleaned up.when i opened mine up it looked like a bomb went off!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah the seals and especially the o rings at brake drums, have rebuilt a bunch of as we say "devastated" rear ends due to that o ring and the shaft seal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts