Mud in My Blood Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new here not sure if I'm posting in the right place please correct if I'm not.
I just bought a 2010 BF 650 sra and the front diff was exploded. I purchased a used diff but it needs seals and bearings and want to twar it down now while it's out and clean the whole diff and inspect every part as it's a big job to to remove and replace. I want it done right the 1st time as many BF owners all ready know. My question Is.... has anyone done a full video on a front diff teardown and rebuild? Also when I have it apart can you pull the clutch pack apart? I want to know if I can clean each disk and reassemble the clutch pack or is there anything I should not touch. Any and all info would be a great help. Btw I see these front diffs are a problem area on these atvs so I'm sure others will find this helpful aswell. I've also read about the mod for the shaft for oil in the spider gears. Im also a mechanic and tools are no issues including the special final drive nut tool..

·
Super Moderator
7,546 Posts
Not much out there in video but do a search on YT and you will get what there is. Yes, you can R&R every part of the diff and re-install however you will want a service manual to get all the specs you will need for the inspection. Expect all the diff-loc friction disks to be in need of replacing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts