Mud in My Blood Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a, new to me, 2013 BF 750. Just had front ball joint and axle issue that I tore into. Upon pulling out the old axle, numerous bearings, that surround the axle fell out of place. Managed to find all but ONE of them. I'm assuming the ONE is now lost in the differential. Another problem is the axle retention ring (on the end of the axle) is no longer on the axle. Managed to pull about half of it out but I don't see the other half.

It would seem the next step is to take the entire differential out and open it up.

1) Is it common for those bearings to fall out of place or did they fall out of the retention ring because they're worn?

2) Assuming I get lucky and find the missing bearing, but still want to replace them, do I have to tear into the differential to do so?

3) Any good links to a service manual?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Administrator
15,563 Posts
We have some service manuals here. It's been so long since I've been in that section of the site, I'm honestly not sure what all is in there anymore, and how up-to-date it is. It kind of became the redheaded step child after a while.

·
Backwoodz Boggerz
1,580 Posts
happens all the time
the rebuild kit comes with a better looking bearing than the oem
i have installed several but havent been back into one to see how they are holding up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.