Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little trick someone was talking about on here last week I just got some pics of it....

Here is my tank guard full of mud and sand...

Here it is all cleaned out....

and here it is with the spray foam in it...

this helped with cleaning it, weight, and drag...if you go in stuff that deep....Mod Away Yall!!!

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
:rockn:

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
You should see mine. More nasty S*** than that. Gonna have to do this, Thanks. How's the arm feelin?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
time man, lots of time haha. I also painted mine black so you cant tell it. The arm is doing great I cant wait to get my parts in so I can do more than this little crap

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I hear ya.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
how'd you end up gettin all the **** out of it before you put foam in there?
Just turn it upside down and shake it...:bigok: They should fire the engineer that designed that thing.

·
Wilson Creek Riders
152 Posts
can ams are notorious for that also...

ours is from a crappy lil tab that holds one side up will fail and break creating an inch or more space for that crap to shovel in and pack down.. the problem with that is the lines and wire to the fuel pump and the fuel guage is there in the bottom. hence my guage wasnt working till i tore it all apart...

·
Registered
48 Posts
nice job

·
Registered
48 Posts
i think i will doo that too mine

·
The Muskeg Magician
22 Posts
Thats a great idea. I cursed the son-of-a ***** that designed that my first wash last year.

Must be the same dumbass that designed the air intake.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
please dont get us started on the intake...haha

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I don't really know what you mean by having a chink missing from it but you should be ablo to...There is an alternative if you don't want to fill it with expanding foam...I got a hole saw for a drill and cut 1 1/2" holes in my tank guard...Now everything that goes in is able to come out...There is a "How-To" in the Kawi section for this

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
my gas tank guard has a chunk missing from it could i still do this?

Here ya go I found it for you http://www.mudinmyblood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2251&highlight=Tank+Skid

This is pretty much what I did...I think I just took it further than this person did...By the end I had a lot of 1 1/2" holes, 31 to be exact...I did however plan where I was putting them so it actually looks pretty good I didn't just go nuts cutting holes everywhere...I am pulling my fuel tank again tomorrow so I will get a few pictures of mine and post them up for you

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ok thanks well i have 28x12x12 zillas in the rear on stock rims with out spacers and the black swampy mud pushed out that gas tank guard and the lug on the tire grabbed it and ripped a chunk out of the gas tank guard lol. Do i have to take the gas tank out to cut the holes? lol ill do a super mod ill even cut the gas tank for better gas mileage

1 - 18 of 18 Posts