Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have been putting my 02 650 Prairie back together after a week of painting, cooling system work and fan toggle switch installation. Before I put on the plastics, I wanted to start it up to make sure everything is in good order.
I turned the Key and got nothing. No lights on, no actuator actuating, nothing. I fear I may have shorted something out when I was dinking around with the toggle switch install.
I guess I could use some ideas on what I should be looking at to solve this problem. (I hope whatever it is has pictures in the service manual.) I did double check all plugs and connectors. I SUCK at troubleshooting electrical issues.

Oh yeah, the good news is, I DO have a working fan toggle switch. The fan comes on just fine now. :rockn:

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found it. After a sleepless night, I got up early and began looking thru the service manual. Traced it to a blown main fuse. 30 amp replacement and it is up and running.....

Now, how do you guys get any sleep when you get to tinkering around with these things? I know why this site is called "Mud in my Blood." Could also be called "Mud in my Sleep." "Mud in my Dreams," "Mud in most every thought, Awake or Asleep."

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
haha i have fell alseep under mine before. lisa came out and said WTF

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now, 2WD/4WD indicator light flashes back & forth, can't get 4WD, don't hear the KEBC actuator. MAN I HATE ELECTRICAL ISSUES!!

·
Team BS
757 Posts
sounds like the fuse for the actuators

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have checked the "Controller fuse," I think.... it was good.

Looking for my tack hammer to bypass the part where I spend an hour looking for something and just go directly to hitting myself in the head........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts