Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys? Just signed up here. I just got my gorilla axle in and it came with a new nut and washer. Its a different size than the stock one and isn't a beveled nut. It all fit back together but I hade to make another washer to go in against bearing. Just wondering what the deal is here? Ones I have used in the past used stock axle nuts.:eek:

·
Registered
278 Posts
I cannot positively answer your question. But have installed two Gorilla Front Axels and they came with the washers and nuts... The nut goes on the axel, but I could find no place for the huge washers, soooo just didn't use them at all. I've heard a couple of people doing this also. I have hand no problems yet.... Good Luck and Welcome to Mud In Muh Blood

·
Team BS
396 Posts
i've had gorilla's on all 4 and have had to replace a few of them and almost everytime they have sent different set ups for nuts and washers. The washers go behind the axle nut, usually they send 2 washers per axle but I usually only needed one. Just make sure your axle nut doesn't run out of threads on the axle. If your stock axle nut fits it then I would suggest using it so that you can put the carter pin back in. If you can't use the stock one and the new one is not a locking nut (with teflon in it) then you probably have the nut that has the smooth outer part on it. This smooth part is for hitting with a punch to lock it on. This is why I normally only used one washer, if I used 2 then the smooth part would be too far out on the axle end and not be able to use for locking it on.

I hope this is clearer than mud.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts