Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking of getting the 6" gorilla lift..i have an 06 grizzly 660..im running 29.5s now with hl springs and stage 1 gorilla lift but looking for more..how much clearance is it gonna give me..anyone with pics?? i would greatly appreciate some feedback...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no help anyone??

·
Registered
41 Posts
CATVOS

·
Registered
80 Posts
save your money,sell your bike and by a brute,or maybe can-am.... can you dig it

·
Registered
41 Posts
Or that would work too.... I like them cats too!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
come on guys..is it like that now?? plus i aint big timers like you to playas

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
You'll get more ground clearance from the CATVOS.
At least its that way in the brute world. the catvos 6" is a little taller than a 6" gorilla.

·
Registered
80 Posts
grizzly lift

Big tymers whatchu talkin bout anybody that can afford to put a catvos or monkey 6in lift be ballin

·
Kajun Mud Slingers
1,616 Posts
I do know that the CATVOS lift is alot better than the Gorilla.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Here is a picture of mine with a 5.5 gorilla lift. I havent pulled a tape on it seein how I just got home with it 2 hours ago. I cant tell you good or bad about it right now but I will say the price difference would have alot to do with it if it were me buyin a new lift.

On the note of gettin a brute I traded my BFR Brute for a grizz because of the cost of a motor in a brute. I will miss the power but not the upkeep.

·
Registered
300 Posts
^^^Nice grizz. On a serious note I would do the CATVOS better quality in my opinion.

·
Registered
223 Posts
^^^Nice grizz. On a serious note I would do the CATVOS better quality in my opinion.

Thanks. The catvos is a nice lift and extremely well built only thing for me is the price differecne.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the input guys..and that is one good looking grizz..i think that eventually i will go with the gorilla lift..much closer to my price range!! plus catvos said they needed my bike there to make a lift for and the only other lift they have is the gorilla lift which was like 300 more from them than gorilla..plus for the time being i put money in piston and cam..and swamp star if you get a chance would you get a measurement..would love to know your ground clearance..basically running the same set-up i am just you have the suspension lift all i have is the stage 1 gorilla lift....

·
Registered
2 Posts
i was thinking of getting the 6" gorilla lift..i have an 06 grizzly 660..im running 29.5s now with hl springs and stage 1 gorilla lift but looking for more..how much clearance is it gonna give me..anyone with pics?? i would greatly appreciate some feedback...
are you having any rear axle problems with this set up?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
not a single one..matter fact only issue i have had is rubbing...other than that everything is good to go(knock on wood)...i did tear a rear boot this past ride..but like i said no issues

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Here is a picture of mine with a 5.5 gorilla lift. I havent pulled a tape on it seein how I just got home with it 2 hours ago. I cant tell you good or bad about it right now but I will say the price difference would have alot to do with it if it were me buyin a new lift.

On the note of gettin a brute I traded my BFR Brute for a grizz because of the cost of a motor in a brute. I will miss the power but not the upkeep.

Once you get a tape and get some numbers please post the results here!

http://www.mudinmyblood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1485

·
Registered
223 Posts
Will do Pree as soon as I get it back home. Its at my brothers paw-n-laws house cause my shop is slam packed full of broke down bikes right now. I'm gonna try and get up there monday and pick it back up.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Get the gorilla lift 5.5, a few friends of mine have them on there's with 31's and have no problems what's so ever, they trail ride, deep mud ride and no broke Axels or boot problems

1 - 20 of 26 Posts