Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my stage 1 jet kit in yesterday for my 07 Brute 650i. I have been having problems with it just randomly dying sometimes when it goes from high RPM down to idle, and it seems like it should have more power than it does now. I have a snorkel kit with 3" couplings on the airbox and 2" pipe that goes around the steering. Anyone have suggestions?

·
Lets Get It
338 Posts
I would just start with what it says to run, which i think is something like 132/136, 4th groove, 2.5 turns out on air/fuel screw, adjusting the screw is what will probably help on it dying when coming off the throttle, youll have to play with to get it right!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet, I am going to work on it tomorrow and I will get back on and let ya'll know how it went

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Start with whatever the kit says... Go buy you about 4 new plugs as well. GO buy your plugs while jetting it. If you have any problems at all just PM me. I will help you all I can.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plugs? Like spark plugs?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anybody have pics posted of this procedure? If not, I think I am gonna snap some

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, I am getting pretty deep in this and I am starting feel like I am getting in over my head, so... anybody have pics?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So... I am starting to get the sneaking suspicion that I should have bought 2 jet kits, since the kit only has one of each of the jets and I have two carbs. Or am I missing something?

·
Lets Get It
338 Posts
Yeah you should have 2 of each jet 128-132-136-140-144-148, 2 needles, 2 springs, 2 clips, 4 shims, drill bit, a screw, instructions, I think thats it

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, I got my whole GD bike down to a skeleton only to see that this jet kit is for the 05-06

1 - 11 of 11 Posts