Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guy's i'm new to the site ... i see alot of yall are running after market clutch springs why... i have 30 mud lites and thinkin maybe this could help me not even worried about top end speed cause i rarely get over 25 my beverage starts slooshin any faster than that what yall recommend ???? and the tuners do they make yalls brutes run hot heard they were known to do and how do the tuners help ????? thanks fellows hope every one is having a good hump day

·
Administrator
15,446 Posts
Since your only running mudlights, then I think green is prolly what would work best for you. maybe lime green.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what gains do you think i would get just more lower end torque??

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
you would notice a huge difference in your low end. wouldnt be so laggy. alot more torque. wheelies-r-s afterwards!

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
You will lose speed the higher you go up in spring. It effectively lowers your gearing.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what spring yall think if i upgrade to 31 outlaws.... and fuel injected motors do yall think just a 2 in snorkel would be ok or go straight 3 in ???? trying to figure this stuff out cause yall gave me the itch to snorkel my brute .....

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Run the 3" elbow and then use 2" PVC. will be just fine.
I run a yellow spring with my 31's. Works well. You need a stiff spring. those tires have some weight to them!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a red secondary with 30 inch backs and i love it. Id say red but you could go yellow. I used 2 inch pipe with the three inch rubber 90 for my airbox snorkel and i have no problems. Just follow directions in the how to's. I did its an easy install.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
isn't there a primary spring also and what color yall think that color should be ????

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
You dont NEED to change the primary.
I do have a pink on the way im going to try though!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys dunno about the spring just yet but getting the stuff together to snorkel and move my radiator .... glad my cuzin manages a plumbing and sprinkler supply store get all the snorkel stuff for cheap.....

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
Lime green secondary would be good for you. Red Secondary for the 31" Laws IMO.
I just snorkled my Brute and I used the 3" rubber 90 w/2" PVC. Super easy!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
got all the fittings to snorkel my brute today ,,, goin to start on it tomorrow

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Good luck, take your time, have fun with it and post some pics when you are done!

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Cool. Post up some pics of it.

I've snorkeled a few brutes now and can say for sure....as long as you follow the MIMB instructions you'll be fine. Just remember your 08 does not have the carb vent like the carburetor bikes do so you wont have to worry about that one small detail.

A EPI green spring would help you out with those 30" tires. Theres plenty of great info in the how to section on this subject if or when you get ready to do the spring change.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts