Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[email protected] rwhp is what we got. Says it needs more air though, I already have the 3"-2" elbow. Any ideas? I got 45s pointed back towards me. Also it says he removed the oil line breather to get more air(gained almost 3hp), just wondering if this will screw me over at all, I didnt look at it at all to see exactly where it is. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Well if it needs more air either put an secant air snorkel on the side of the air box or increase the size of the 2" to 3". As far as that oil line breather well put it back on or plug the hole it came out of and or do a breather or crank case vent mod in the how-to's. I think there is 3 of them now in there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I test rode it today, finally and low and behold it falls flat on its face at 58 running stock tires. So I hooked the breather back up, totally reran the intake snorkel, with it pointed back at me, fell flat on its face at 58. Pointed forward though, it runs well over 60. Im fed up now, because I just dropped 200 to get that thing dyno-tuned.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
how fast does it run with the airbox lid off?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Idk, didnt try it, kind of a hairy road here to be doing to many runs, the sherrifs like my road

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
ah understood

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I guess I call and rip them a new one

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Idk, didnt try it, kind of a hairy road here to be doing to many runs, the sherrifs like my road
same hear. a DNR guy lives 3 houses down!:doh:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol, well I got it to run 58mph with the 28s, idk if thats a good speed or not, took the spark arrestor outta the airbox, that really opened it up. Ran great though

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
sounds about right. tires slow you down on the top end more than you think.
good deal. i removed my screen long ago. Seemed to help a good bit.

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
if it helps, I run 61 w/ 26" mst's. No dyno tuning, just snorkel, jet kit, black EPI secondary, Maroon Primary, LRD pipe. I'm 245lbs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts