1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
15,448 Posts
what part is givin you trouble?

·
Administrator
15,448 Posts
really? it should come right off there's nothing holding it but the bolt. you taking the primary off at the same time? Or did you roll the belt off?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
give the shaft some good taps with a hammer while yer buddy tugs on it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe i will have to try this the one on my 750 came off with no trouble at all

·
Administrator
15,448 Posts
i think id put a peice of 2x4 against it first before tapping it. that way you dont mess up the end.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I've had this problem in the past with my buddies brute. What we done was spray the shaft with penetrating oil. Then we screwed the nut back on flush with the shaft. I put both of my feet against the floor board and pulled on the secondary pulley with both hands,one on each side while he hit the nut with a hammer. It took awhile but she came off.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you this but...becarful with that hammer. If you had a soft hammer ( brass/plastic) it would be idea to use. Or a block of wood like Polaris mentioned would work to soften the blow.

I have no clue as to why it was stuck like that.Once it was off it would slide back on and off with ease just like its suppose to.

Once you do get it off be sure you clean all the penetrating oil off the shaft and the pulley. Don't want any of that slinging around in there.;)

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I just went through that exact same thing. I ended up putting the right wheels up on cinder blocks and sprayed penetrating oil on the shaft and letting it set overnight. I was still a sob to get off. With every tap of the hammer it moved about .020. It took forever but it did finally come off. Once it was off it went back in place and back off again with ease.

Patience my friend, it will come off.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I used a puller to apply pressure on it while I tapped the shaft. You just have to be careful not to put too much pressure on the sheeve. It only takes a little pressure. I put a thin coat of antiseize on mine and no more problems since.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
w00t for the spring!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts