1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
pretty neat idea

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
it works well. They KEY is to apply pressure while heated then cool it off while leaving the pressure applied. It will then keep its shape and no harm done to the basketball.

·
Team BS
757 Posts
u shuld add a note at the end of the video:

"No basketballs were harmed in the making of this video"

i need to do that to mine also. i got some 1" spacers to put on mine then imma see what i need to do.

·
Registered
40 Posts
How does the plastic look after heating it like that. Does it bubble up or anything or does it still look the same.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Pretty much unnoticeable. There's slight impression from the markings on the basketball but that is minimized by rolling it around a bit while heating.

I have to say you really cant tell much at all. I should get some closeups of the plastic. I'll get pics when I get home today.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Do you think if you used a smooth surface ball it would be better.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
possibly. i thought about using a large mason jar too.
The large mason jar might be better so u can roll it from side to side and push everything in very evenly.

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It only left the little dimples on the inside of the fender well, they didnt transfer through, if you look at the floorboard side you can't hardly tell anything is different.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm not to worried about the inside its the outside that I'm worried about. Kinda funny about those things I guess. That's the reason I haven't relocated my radiator yet. Still looking for a smooth look and transfer.

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Talk to IBBruin then maybe he will build you one like his, one of the best looking I've seen.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Did you do the rear as well? Mine don't rub but they are VERY close to it.. Even took it for a spin and no rubbing but I bet if I hit some big dips it would. Guess i'm gonna do both but thanks for another helpful vid man!

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
im not rubbing on the rear. I hit some good small jumps.
Ill see today with a passenger on the back though she barely weighs over 100 so it probably wont be noticeable.

·
Registered
48 Posts
great idea

·
Registered
225 Posts
jw will this work on a rzr

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Question how do you apply pressure and heat? Wouldn't that be hot on the hands
did you watch the video? he used a basketball... but you could use pretty much anything you want to shape the plastics where you need em... or gloves...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts