Mud in My Blood Forum banner

Helmet

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been watching some vids on the site and seems nobody wears helmets?

Or is it just cause most are takin' when in water or muddin and the chance of getting hurt is lower?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
That's my rationale. I never ride trails except SRATV (which i should be wearing one there)
I'm always in a creek, river or mudhole.

I think most of the time people think "I dont need it. It won't happen to me!"
I know I've thought it.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I wear one when I ride trails because I ride pretty hard most of the time. I have grown to appreciate my helmet for protection from crashes, fling debris, and tree limbs. If I'm just messin around the house or something I usually don't put it on, even though I'm probably ridin on two wheels(side or rear) unless my girls are on with me.

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just this summer had a buddy playin' in a mud hole (we were on a beer and smoke break) and he decided to go play comando. Forgot his brain bucket and I yelled over, he put if on and then no more than 10 min later decided to climb a steep hill, flipped the Foreman right on top of him from 10-15ft and we had to pull it off. Probably would have been worse but his rear seat saved his azz.

Sore back, deep thigh bruise and twisted knee.

Can just imagine what would have happened with no helmet.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
haven't ever wore one, dont ever plan to. yeah it might be the right thing to do, but i dont wear my seatbelt either:34:

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
112 Posts
When I ride the Brute I don't wear one(usally drinking and creepin around). If I gonna climb on the predator and tear up the track I'll put on the brain bucket. I guess it just depends on the style of riding I'm doing. Now the kids on the other hand will wear there's every time they ride weather its atvs or the dirtbikes.

·
Administrator
15,424 Posts
I dont wear one when muddin but now that I've sold the mud tires and got the brute set up more for playing, yeah I will most likely start wearing it. Most State Parks around here require them anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
do they make helmets that fit a watermelon?

:rockn:

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I just got my first helmet. I've never ridden with one in the past but as I'm getting older i think more about protecting this old hat rack.

So far I've only ridden with it once. I plan to use it more often in the future on group trail rides. I doubt ill use it much if any around the house.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i feel like it may be smart to wear one on large rides, like you were saying. there's alot of dumb asses that think they can ride and do ignorant stuff right next/behind/infront of you

·
Lets Get It
338 Posts
Ive got one but dont ever wear it unless its to race and you have to wear it. I dont think i could go a whole ride with one they get hot and heavy after a while, but for the way I normally ride I dont feel the need to wear one, as of right now!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I dont wear one where I have to but thats it.

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
i guess being older than some on here,unless i am creeping around the house i wear one ,it only takes one time and my wife and kids are alone or i am a f-up.

·
Wilson Creek Riders
152 Posts
Ya, I havent wore one in a long time.. Guess I need to buy one, before this summer.. Seems we ride more trails lately than we ever did.. Trails and hills only place I wear one...

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Saved my empty brain bucket Friday night......supermaned off completely and landed right on my melon (ripped the visor right off). It hurt alot a first (mostly my neck), but thanks to HJC I drove (limped) home.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Always wear mine and make sure the kids don't get on anything motorized like the bikes,atv's or sleds without one.
Just trying to save what I didn't kill off in my teen years.
You never know when it just might keep you face intact from something thats why there called Accidents..
I have the new flip front type never need to fight with it on or off , push of a button the whole front flips up..great for cold or rainy days because you don't need to remove it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think it is a good idea to wear one. You never know what will happen. But the only time I wear one is racing. And I don't want to them its just a have to thing.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts