Mud in My Blood Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Can I suggest this?

It is very inexpensive, easy to get, and does a great job protecting wiring. When I did all the wiring on my RZR, I used this stuff on ALL wires. It comes in a lot of different sizes, and it is fairly easy to install. This stuff is an ATV Electrician's best friend.
I have lots of that type of look, I find it good for non-friction locations. If I am spending money on look, I prefer the harder and thicker spiral loom for any place that will have rubbing or corners.

Similar to this stuff: Amazon.com: Spiral Wire Loom: Automotive

Not sure what brand I get from the distributor.

Anyway I tend to save money where I can and reusing the heavier PVC that was in the spare harness probably saved me as much as the harness cost me to buy.

Edit: oh, and the spiral loom stuff is far more heat tolerant than the general loom.
Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have lots of that type of look, I find it good for non-friction locations. If I am spending money on look, I prefer the harder and thicker spiral loom for any place that will have rubbing or corners.

Similar to this stuff: Amazon.com: Spiral Wire Loom: Automotive

Not sure what brand I get from the distributor.

Anyway I tend to save money where I can and reusing the heavier PVC that was in the spare harness probably saved me as much as the harness cost me to buy.

Edit: oh, and the spiral loom stuff is far more heat tolerant than the general loom.
Use that too its definitely pretty wear resistant.
Was the problem with the wires rubbing on the frame?

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Use that too its definitely pretty wear resistant.
Was the problem with the wires rubbing on the frame?
Yes, there are about 4 places on the harness where you can see that it has worn through the wrapped tape. Only the 2 by the electrical tray were significant enough that it was wearing into the wire casing and shorting out wires.

That wire damage were the wires on the inside of the wrap against the frame.

I attached a couple images from current listings that show where the wrap has come off in that area.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Glad you found it.
Probably checked alot of stuff before you got to the harness. I would have.
Unless you know that is a problem area.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Glad you found it.
Probably checked alot of stuff before you got to the harness. I would have.
Unless you know that is a problem area.
Well, I am posing this as the issue with the OP's rollover sensor.

It may or may not be contributing to the weak spark issue, it does seem like he may have one bad coil based on his metering.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts