Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already been through several threads with similar issues. I was ridding this weekend came home washed it off. had a hard time starting her after a couple tries got it to catch rode for about 10 miles no problem at all backed her under the shed and now she won't start just turns over and won't catch or even try to crank....this is what I've done so far... checked both plugs got fire changed them out anyway.. pulled all fuses relays and edu from under seat and checked the connection... even pulled the fuel tank dumped all the fuel changed the filter on the pump verified that it was pumping when i turnt the ignition one and after hitting the starter button... took the roll over switch off and shook it real good hear the ball rattle inside and put it back on...i took off the air filter and you can see down to the top of the valve and can smell gas if you turn it over for a couple of seconds... sorry for the long post but i am at the end of my rope..ive only had this bike for a month or so and my first experience with kawasaki isn't good so far..Please Help.. also the fi light is flashing while I'm turning the bike over.. but goes away when i stop pushing the starter button..

·
Registered
10 Posts
man sounds like quite the headache. i understand the fuel pump is kicking on but perhaps test the pressure its giving should be at least 43psi

·
Registered
324 Posts
is your battery at full charge? with EFI bikes even a slight drop in amps can cause problems. at least its easy to rule out. i say this because i had simular issues on another bike. EFI fashing and wouldnt turn over. one time it was the battery, another it was the POD.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Should have a Schroeder valve to screw a gauge on.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
how would i go about testing the pressure?

Take the fuel line off and replace it with a rubber hose with a T so you can add the pressure gauge. It must be 43 psi or more or it won't run right.
It could be the roll over sensor going bad too. Any chance you know someone with a brute you could swap them out?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i don't have a valve to test it at this time i pulled it off the engine and clicked the key it pushes a bunch of gas out and runs for about three second... i used jumper cables and hooked it to the truck and still wouldn't start so don't think its the batt..and if it was the roll over sensor would it still be pumping fuel and turning over... I just can get it to catch and keep running

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well took it to the dealershit they tested the compression and it came in at 20psi thats what i get for buying a bike from a shade tree mechanic. the first estimate is 1300 at a minimum...shoulda got a honda..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Man don't let them push u around. I had a mechanic tell me I had no compression and almost scraped the bike. A year later after messing with it the valves where to tight not letting compression build up. The stealership mechanics are green. They only know what they are taught, and they want ur money. At least have them check valve lash before testing compression.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got lucky turnt out that the valves where all out of spec and not opening after valve adjustment 300+ miles later she is running like a charm.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow glad to hear that! Did the dealership find that out or did you have to bring it to their attention?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They found that i checked everything i could before taking it to them. I dont know it well enough to check the valves myself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Glad to hear it turned out all right. Btw it's a lot more fun than a Honda!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts