Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out for a quick ride today with a couple of friends. One of them had a Grizz 660. We swapped machines for a little bit and I couldn't believe the ride of that thing. I knew my Brute was stiff but holy crap. What is the most cost effective way to soften up the ride of my Brute a little and make it closer to what the Grizz rides like? There was one problem with the Grizz though........... it was missing a Cylinder :thinking:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Did you set your shocks on the lowest setting? You will lose a little clearance, but you will gain wheel travel which will help. Otherwise, if you want better than that you will have to get aftermarket shocks which aren't cheap.

I set mine down to the second to lowest setting. I keep the wrench with me just incase I need to adjust it on the trail for some reason. It only takes about a minute or two to adjust all four shocks.

·
Team BS
757 Posts
ill sell u my the springs off my 08 brute. they are softer. the only problem is that it will lower ur bike by an inch or so...but it will be a better ride

·
Administrator
15,424 Posts
Yep. Get some 08 springs or swap the whole thing w/ someone if they will swap you, but yeah, they are about 1" shorter.

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
I just bought some 05 Brute springs and I'll have some 08 springs laying around shortly after the others come in...

Not sure what they would be worth...

·
Registered
288 Posts
I found the front end of my brute is to soft I got it preload set on the highest setting and still would like a little stiffer

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
I found the front end of my brute is to soft I got it preload set on the highest setting and still would like a little stiffer
You should try HL springs. You can buy them in sets of 2.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so it sounds like the 08 springs are my best bet. How hard is it to get the old springs off and install the new ones? Looks like it is time to save a few pennies and pick up a used set.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Ok so it sounds like the 08 springs are my best bet. How hard is it to get the old springs off and install the new ones? Looks like it is time to save a few pennies and pick up a used set.

if you have a spring tool its very simple and pretty quick.
You only have to remove two bolts..1 from top shock mount and 1 from lower shock mount

here's a vid --
http://www.mudinmyblood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=396

·
Registered
3 Posts
For the rear, try 05' BF front shocks. That's what I did. Huge improvement,cost effective and same ground clearance. You can get them on ebay for cheap. What I need to work on now are the front shocks(they suck too).
I may try grizzly 660 front shocks for the front of my brute! Hope it works out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts