Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 2007 brute force 750, and lately the 4wd/2wd indicator has been flashing back and forth. It dosent always do this but when it does, I can turn the bike off and back on and it stops. The 4wd still seems to work fine and I cant find anything about this in the manual. Any idea what it might be ?
Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey hows it going? Mine was doing this not to long ago, ended up being a connection problem. Took the actuator plug apart and cleaned and dielectric greased it as well as the ecu box ,speed sensor, etc. Hasn't done it since. Easy solution to start with. Good Luck

·
Registered
66 Posts
could deff be a loose connection, maybe at your main fuse. mine did this not to long ago after I blew the main fuse. cleaned all the fuses out, dielectric greased em, and put the fuses back in and it worked great. worth a shot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got another question for yall, my belt light( the little red one ) came on as I was going down a hill. Its not blinking just staying on. I am having a hard time finding anything in the manual about what this indicates. Any clues?

·
7,386 Posts
Got another question for yall, my belt light( the little red one ) came on as I was going down a hill. Its not blinking just staying on. I am having a hard time finding anything in the manual about what this indicates. Any clues?
At about 100 hours or 1100 miles..give-or-take, the system turns it on so you will check the deflection and condition of your belt. You should do that then perform the belt reset procedure as outlined in your manual.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright, I printed off the pages I would need and inspected the belt and then did the reset procedure. The problem is that unlike the picture on page 17-69 in the 07 manual ( the pic and instruction are the same for the next year model too) it shows and tells me of two four pin connectors. My bike only only has one. Ive looked all over and cant find another connector that matches so now the light is blinking. HELP

·
7,386 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think my 4wd actuator is shorting out at the 4wd selector switch. my boot is cracked pretty bad so where can i get another one?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Someone with a manual 4wd kit should have it. I'll look around, I might have one.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I took my switch apart - its a cheap *** rocker bi metal switch . Not much to go wrong other than corrosion - hell you could clean the corrosion with some emery cloth I it wasn't too bad .

·
7,386 Posts
I took my switch apart - its a cheap *** rocker bi metal switch . Not much to go wrong other than corrosion - hell you could clean the corrosion with some emery cloth I it wasn't too bad .
Yeah but he needs a new boot and the only way to get one is get the whole thing....or talk to someone parting one out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Found out that the cracked boot is not on the 4wd swith its on the throttle cable.ha I got ahead of myself. So now im going back to checking all connections. My engine brake accuator is make alot of noise now too so it might be in those plugs. Any special spots I should check ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts