Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a lime green secondary on today. I cant get above 38MPH now. It is poppin real bad. Ran fine a few weeks ago. Been sitting since then but never had any problems. Help. Gotta a ride this coming weekend.

07 Brute 650i with 27 swamps, 2" lift, lime green secondary, snorks, tried a programmer but thought thats why it was poppin-took it off and still poppin. Stock air filter.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Gotta be belt reset...done it myself!

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
might be in the carb. the trash that comes in gas these days could be causing problems even only sitting a few weeks. just a suggestion

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
belt reset im guessing. did u turn the key on while the connectors were disconnected to the cvt cover?
If so, you need to reset the belt. You should also notice the belt light flashing at you.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
This has sparked a video! Tomorrow I'm going to put my bike in limp mode so people can see the signs and symptoms and how to remedy the problem.

It's real simple but videos are fun!

·
Registered
127 Posts
YAY!!! A new how to video!!!

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didnt disconnect the connector. I just cut the wire tie and set it on the seat. Im thinking it must be the "limp mode". Do I need to go through the whole reset process or just flip the switch back up?

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didnt notice a belt light either. Would it always be on (when I turn the ignition on).

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
If u have no belt light flashing while the key is on then it's someting else.
Check the EDI (black box under the seat. bigger of the 2 under there) le sure the connector is on well.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I checked the belt switch and it was in the "on" position. I checked the connector on ECU and it was good. I went through the belt reset process and that seemed to have fixed the problem. Thanks guys for all the help.

By the way, when the belt switch is moved to the "off" position. Is it supposed to contact a metal wire mounted on the inside of the cover? There is a thick piece of wire that is bent up mounted on the inside to the front of the switch. Or is that to protect the switch?

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
one thing - the lime green is an overkill for the 27's - i suggest you back it down to an almond or black. Unless you plan on changing the 27s to a heavy 28, 29.5
Ur not going to be able to get anymore top end out of her unless you do. And I bet at 38mph - she's working really hard - dont mess up and slang a rod by over revving her

1 - 13 of 13 Posts