Mud in My Blood Forum banner
2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Polaris425 
Sounds like this belt is already gone too. Maybe just a deflection issue but it also sounds like with all the previous belt destructions, you may have some serious scars on the sheaves that is causing some poor contact areas. The springs I believe are OK. Another member had a similar problem...tried everything...then sent the primary to VFJ where he found the problem was with the low-end contact area. His machining corrected it. If it is this, you have two choices, get a new clutch which is is the 500 dollar range or have John work on it which is less.

Is it hard to check for this? I don't have a puller or compressor..
Not hard to check. Something that should be done every time you put a new belt on and again every 300-500 miles. Standard Brute maintenance item. A manual would help you a lot...it could be your best tool. To adjust it, yes, you will need a puller, compressor and a touque wrench.

Dang more Money I'm Guna have To spend on a puller and a compressor!! Do y'all think this is why I'm not getting all my power to the tires?
Well, these are just two basic tools you will have to own or have access to if you own a Brute and you will use them more then you think. Its Very possible its at least part if not all your problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.