Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
RIDEN DURTY
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
H3 is the preferred bulb style. most are going with the 6000K i used the 8000k got a little blue tint to it.

-PUTTING BULB IN HOUSEING-
1. Remove headlight houseing from fourwheeler
2. Take stock bulb out of housing
3. Take a rag and rap around bulb and hit with a hammer to bust. Dont suggest useing pliers to bust it i like to lost an eye!
4. Take needle nose pliers and pull all metal out that is possible to reach. On both sides.
5. Take a 9/16 bit on a drill press and drill a hole center of the stock base all the way though.
6. Feed wires through and do a test mount before sealing them for good to see if you depth is set right
7. My lights were flush with the outside lip but i have read where some people had to recess them a 1/4 inch or so. This step is basicly testing to see what you need for your bike
8. Once you have desired dept on the housing superglue the bulb mount to the stock base and fill the back side where your wires come out with rtv high temp silicon.
Once silicon dries you should be ready. Repeat steps 1-8 on both sides.

-WIRING UP HID'S-
You may or may not need a 4 pin relay but i would go ahead and use one.
1. Find a nice high place to Mount your Ballast. My kit did not come with mounting hardware so i had to make some
2. Snap the yellow and red wire if you choose for your side lights to only work on low beam (these light are bright enough you only need one beam. And most of these are only one beam settings.
3. Take the red wire from both ballast and hook them to number 87 on the relay
4. Take both negatives and your black and yellow wire from your factory harness and connect to number 85 on the relay
5. Take your red and black from your factory harness and run to number 86 on the relay.
6. Run a 16 gauge wire from your positive post on your battery to the number 30 on the relay. ( An Inline fuse can be added to this line if you would like)
7. I spliced into all the factory wires and i did not cut them. but i did cut the main bulb harness off that connected to the back of the stock light base.
Again you will have to do this with both factory harnesses on each side and i just hooked both sides together. In EX: take both black and yellow wires from each left and right harness and hook to the negative wires off the ballast and then to your relay.
If this is not clear or if anyone would like to add suggestion please feel free
Just a couple idea PICS

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice write up! This should go in the "how to" section. It should help a lot of people out.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Nice one Carp...

·
RIDEN DURTY
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey masher what happen to you over on HL i been looking for you

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Masher I'm glad to see you over here. Made you a video on HL a while back and the mods deleted it for some reason. I thought you might find it funny.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Thanks for the contribution! You guys make this site the information library it has become!
Sticker for you! (when they arrive :D)
(pm me your info so I can get one out when i get them ready)

PS- I moved this to the how to section

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
Great info!! Helps alot more than the 17 or so pages on the HL site for sure!!

·
Administrator
15,446 Posts
yeah.... gees I hope no one thinks we "stole" it...... to bad he didnt know it was posted here first, by JC instead of over there on sucklifter forum. ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
this looks good
the stock lights suck BIG TIME

·
RIDEN DURTY
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is deffinatly a big difference

·
Registered
193 Posts
where did u buy urs from?

·
RIDEN DURTY
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ebay they are the xenox brand slim ballast H3 8000K Hid direct i think was the company

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
there supposed to be waterproof, i haven't heard any problems from any one

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
i got mine on ebay from the guy Ive bought all mine from and he is reasonable cheep, let me know if you want his name unless you already have some one in mind

·
Registered
535 Posts
I did not have to cut any wires on my install. I used the 9006 bulb,and the plug off my ballast fit into the factory headlight plug. Which made my small lights run on low beam and hid's on high.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
what factory plug? i have 9006 in my truck and would still have to gut the harness to get them to work. do you have any pics?

1 - 20 of 128 Posts