Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here had any problem with the HMF burning up the ECU? Or any other problems that I may not have encountered yet?

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
my HMF optimizer fried a couple CDI boxes

·
Administrator
15,446 Posts
Will HMF replace them since its technically their fault?

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
they told me mine had been wet and they would not

·
Administrator
15,446 Posts
Did you send them a dirty letter? I would have sent them a dirty letter... haha.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
I would think it would be hard to prove their unit cause a malfunction.
They would just have to honor it on your word and most companies aint that cool.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If there is any sign of the unit being wet then they will not warranty it. The warranty is only for a year anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
shoot the way we all ride you know it's gonna get wet eventually!

·
Administrator
15,446 Posts
shoot the way we all ride you know it's gonna get wet eventually!
Like the first ride after installing it? :rockn: :saevilw:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is the truth, so I guess what I am asking is will the Grizz run as good with out the programmer?

·
Administrator
15,446 Posts
Im thinking no, since it's EFI. The programmer should be what is making the air/fuel mixture right w/ the aftermarket exhaust and snorkels. Unless its different than the brute. I know the brute wont.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just took off the programer, and rode it around and there is a small difference in take off but after that it seems to be runnig fine. Only time will tell.

·
Wilson Creek Riders
152 Posts
I just took off the programer, and rode it around and there is a small difference in take off but after that it seems to be runnig fine. Only time will tell.
Only thing I would say is make sure you are not running too lean.... Overtime it will cause premature damage on expensive parts.... Heck, way too rich will too...

I hadn't heard about the Optimizers doing things like that, but it is possible...

Typically snorks will richen up the mixture a bit depending on the amount of flow compared to stock... And of course your pipe will lean it, so alot of times you are back to a GOOD mixture.... MOST times.. Not all...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A friend of mine has a 02 sensor to put in the exhaust to tell how the bike is running (rich or lean). And I did some research and found out that I can change the air fuel on the display with the on board diagnostic program. What do you think, good or bad idea?

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
as long as you have the o2 sensor to tell how your running try adjusting it on your display

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is what I was thinking.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
u so smart:thinking:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I try!!!!!!!

·
Wilson Creek Riders
152 Posts
:aargh4:
A friend of mine has a 02 sensor to put in the exhaust to tell how the bike is running (rich or lean). And I did some research and found out that I can change the air fuel on the display with the on board diagnostic program. What do you think, good or bad idea?

Yea man, especially with the 02 sensor. That is nice to be able to do that on the display.. I remember reading about it and saw a video on it also when they first came out that year.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts