Mud in My Blood Forum banner

HMF Swamp Series Installation - Brute 750

18K views 41 replies 20 participants last post by  scotts08brute 
#1 ·
Installing a HMF Swamp Series exhaust is quick and easy. The process will take you about 35 minutes.

Here's the steps:

Removing the stock exhaust
  1. Loosen three 10mm bolts to remove the heat shield closest to the exhaust.
  2. Remove clamp holding the exhaust onto the header for the front cylinder. (it may break. spraying it down with penetrator may help dont really matter though. You wont be needing it.)
  3. Remove the two nuts holding on the rear header to the cylinder
  4. Remove the two bolts holding the exhaust to the frame (they are double nutted so remove the first nut then the second
  5. Give exhaust a few good taps to loosen it from the front header. A few good twisting rocks and it should come out. Once the exhaust if off remove the graphite seal on teh front header. It looks like a ring. You wont be needing it. Be sure to save the exhaust crush gasket. You may need a new one but mine was perfect for reuse.(this is the gasket where the header attaches to the cylinder)
Installing the Swamp Series
  1. Put the rear header on the cylinder and use the crush gasket. Dont tighten it. Just finger tighten the nuts.
  2. Put both new clamps on the pipes. One on the rear header pipe and the other on the front header input on the exhaust now slide the exhaust on. I used a small piece of 2x4 laid flat on the end of the muffler to cushion the blows from my hammer. Just a few firm taps and it was in place. Tap it in till the holes line up on the frame.
  3. Tighen both nuts on the header at the cylinder.
  4. tighten both clamps on the exhaust
  5. install and tighten both bolts fastening the exhaust to the frame
  6. After all is buttoned up fire up that bike and admire the deep tone.
The exhaust will smoke slightly for about 10 minutes. It will smell a little bad as well.

here's some pictures.

this is what comes in the box. You get 2 stickers, instructions, 2 clamps, 1 allen wrench, and the spark arrestor

These are the two new clamps. They work really well and you can tighten them very tight

New header pipe can be seen here. You get a new rear header because the old exhaust has the rear header attached to it.

Installed

See less See more
#2 ·
take the end cap off and take a pic of the inside for us... haha... :rockn:

Looks good... rekon how long it will stay shiny like that?

#3 ·
Time will tell.

You want that pic? I can take it tomorrow. Just remove the allen bolts on the end. Will only take a min or two.

#4 ·
Looks good, and I heard it on the other thread it sounds good too! The swamp series has no packing to ruin right?

#5 ·
yep, no packing to ever replace. I have to say again it sounds very sweet in real life.
These sounds clips dont do justice to the pipes they represent.

#7 ·
cool..... I like those pipe clamps a lot better than the ones on my LRD.... they dont look as clean, but they look a lot more affective.

#8 ·
that they are. You can tighten the heck out of them and i mean really tight!

#9 ·
nice right up and ride!
notice any power gains?
how do these compare to the big gun and muzzy PRO?

#10 ·
I love mine...I got teh snorkel for mine....did you get one as well Steve???

#11 ·
#13 ·
you will love it. it's isn't loud at all. it is 1 decibel louder than stock.

#15 ·
Steve, Does urs backfire at all like when you get in it and let off?

#19 ·
no sir no backfire at all. i figured i should since my rear header is glowing though.

#16 ·
t does sound better in real life.

#18 ·
good deal! They sound good bubbling in the creek too :)

#21 ·
i got a ? ab this do you have to have a power commander or a cdi for this exhaust or anything or a rejet ?? im thinkin ab doing a exhaust on mine soon just curious ab this

#27 ·
I just ordered mine cant wait for it to come in

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.