Mud in My Blood Forum banner

HMF Swamp Series Snorkel Installation

10K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  Mudforce 
#1 ·
Snorkel arrived today so I went ahead and put it on.
Nice product. To me, the exhaust sounds even better.

This is everything that comes in the box.

First thing to do is take off the end cap

Realized the sealing surfaces between the muffler and the end cap were quite dirty. i clean them up good

This is how the snork sits in the muffler opening and seals

here it is installed in the end cap

I added some RTV to seal it. These do have a leaking issue around the end cap. A single ring fixes that

this is how the snorkel is secured to the rack. It seems very sturdy.

Finished

All done

here's a sound clip. It sounds a lot better with the snork on. deeper sound.
excuse the extremely rich exhaust. it was just started and i screwed up my map.

SwampSeries_snork_5-19-2009 :: MVI_5146.mp4 video by phreebsd - Photobucket

See less See more
#30 ·
yes, sir. you will have to trim it. its way too long. you can't use secure it to the back rack unless you cut it.

How does that work when you do water wheelies?
works just fine. its bubbles underwater like any other exhaust.

looks good phrees I am pretty sure I will be getting an extension before I start riding again because that muffler gets packed with mud causing your engine to have to work harder and along with it running rich or lean that is enough for me. I plan on adding the extension and having it dynoed with exactly what I have on my bike so no worrys.
that's why i got the snorkel myself.. because mine clogged up with mud inside the can.

#29 ·
looks good phrees I am pretty sure I will be getting an extension before I start riding again because that muffler gets packed with mud causing your engine to have to work harder and along with it running rich or lean that is enough for me. I plan on adding the extension and having it dynoed with exactly what I have on my bike so no worrys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.