Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
Great Trail & work machine, rides smooth from what I hear... not the best in the mud or for pulling anything heavy. I think the low end is lacking some grunt.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
yeah, I agree i had one it was reliable but had no low end what so ever

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great trail machine, look really good & handle the same, but no locker & no low range! I know quite a few folks with them, but most are either trail or water riders! Some mud them, but have spent Lots & Lots of $$ to get them a decent enough power band to spin the Big meats! Hope this helps & good luck Brandon

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, I agree i had one it was reliable but had no low end what so ever

What year did you have, I have heard that they have put a torque converter on the newer ones and it helped out with the low end power. I also have read that the fuel injectors helped out. I really am looking for something to trail ride and do a little climbing and mudding but mostly will just be trail riding. I had a artic cat 400 a few years ago and very rarly did I use the low gear, and it usually did not help and I had to use the winch to get out anyway.

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
What year did you have, I have heard that they have put a torque converter on the newer ones and it helped out with the low end power. I also have read that the fuel injectors helped out. I really am looking for something to trail ride and do a little climbing and mudding but mostly will just be trail riding. I had a artic cat 400 a few years ago and very rarly did I use the low gear, and it usually did not help and I had to use the winch to get out anyway.
Sounds like you've done your homework & researched it! I think from what you describe you'd be pretty happy with the rincon. It would ride much better than the rubicon.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I had an 2008 rincon it was the best ridin bike i have ever rode The only reason i got rid of it is it had no lowend you could run 40 mph in first gear heres a pic of it

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
those swamplites suck on hills and they bogged the bike down bad in the mud the only time i miss that bike is when i'm trail riding also no engine brake sucks for hills

·
Registered
6 Posts
What are you looking for in that rincon? Cuz I'm not trying to talk my 420 up or anything but when you hear 420 you think its just a low powered small atv..and in reality its a very powerful bike for the engine size. I have a lot of stuff done to mine right now but as it was sitting stock with 26's on it, it still had a lot of low end. Bruteman can vouch for the power of the 420. And I'm really impressed on it holding up to my torture :saevilw:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am looking mainly to trail ride and do a little mud riding. I was in a motorcycle wreck a few years ago at work and can't do anything to extreme so I am looking for a good riding ATV. I will pull a small trailer around my land but that will be maybe 5 times a year. Mostly I am looking for a ATV to trail ride and just get out in the woods and have a little fun. I read that the newer Rincon do have an engine break now.
Like I said I had a 400 artic cat and it had plenty of power and was a blast to ride but I did not like the way the automatic trans sounded and the engine break would about throw you off the front if you were not ready for it. I ahve heard a lot of good things about the Rincon except a few bad things about it getting stuck and not being able to climb hills. I would like to know what it got stuck in and what hills it had trouble on but they never answered. Theres a big differnce in going through some mud and what I see on this site as mud riding. There is also a big deffernce in hills i have seen people climb and ones that I would climb. So I am trying to find out if it is that much under powered for normal riding on hills and mud or if they are talking about the extreme stuff like on this site?

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
Nightowl from what Ive seen around here, you shouldnt have any problems. I rode w/ some guys in Eutaw a few weeks ago and no one out there had anything special... The majority of them were running stock machines, with the exception of aftermarket tires, and they were almost all light to moderate agressive tires.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
From reading your post i would think you would love the Rincon. Its a super rider friendly bike. I've ridden several and they do just fine for normal ATV use.

While the Rincon don't have " Brute power" it still has plenty. I can assure you of that.
The 420's are nice as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
WATCH THE RINCONS,,,,i have seen alot of rincons before and all of them die when they hit water,,,,,if your cruzin out the trail and splash a puttle it dies becuz they have an auto shut off senser in them,,,,,i just dnt like them, 2 of them couldnt pull my friends recon out of a mud hole

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
WATCH THE RINCONS,,,,i have seen alot of rincons before and all of them die when they hit water,,,,,if your cruzin out the trail and splash a puttle it dies becuz they have an auto shut off senser in them,,,,,i just dnt like them, 2 of them couldnt pull my friends recon out of a mud hole
Me and my buddies called it the rincon stall, as soon as the water hit the motor or if you popped the throttle in deep water/mud it would go dead it was almost like it would vapor lock itself

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
all i have heard is they dont like any water.i would look at the 420 or another brand.

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
all i have heard is they dont like any water.i would look at the 420 or another brand.
I'm pretty sure he just has plans to use this as a trail machine, no water or hard mudding.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
just trail riding nothig deep it will be fine.i would just get a brute,but i am biased.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
my brother has a rincon and our bikes dont compare. his is a great reliable bike but so is mine so far, and everything we put our bikes through the only thing he can possibly do a little better then me is well he dont have the overheat issue which im hoping will be fixed soon.....;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
A buddy on mine has an 07 and has the gear reduction on his and wow!!! he has lots of low end. There great bikes for mud pits and deep water

1 - 20 of 37 Posts