Mud in My Blood Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Team BS
757 Posts
if ur worried bout low end, get the big red gears for it and be done. u may not go fast after that tho lol. as far as hittin a hole and dieing, sounds like some waterproofin needed to be done.

·
Wilson Creek Riders
152 Posts
WATCH THE RINCONS,,,,i have seen alot of rincons before and all of them die when they hit water,,,,,if your cruzin out the trail and splash a puttle it dies becuz they have an auto shut off senser in them,,,,,i just dnt like them, 2 of them couldnt pull my friends recon out of a mud hole
I have to DISAGREE with this one..

I have had MANY buddies with the RINCON, and it performed VERY well in the water... He also has the 420 for his son, and it ALSO does very well in the water....

Now, the ONLY ting in the rincon that it is lacking is a LOW GEAR.. The power is there, but it is a 3 speed tranny, and is NOT geared NEAR low enough..

For what this guy is talking, the rincon will definantly suit his needs....
And if he wants to water ride, he will NOT have a problem.... And if he wants the added insurance for water riding, then throw some snorks on it...

Here is a vid of a rincon doing what a rincon does...

·
Wilson Creek Riders
152 Posts
Here is a few more honda pics in the water...

And here is matts 680 rincon, now, it IS running right here, but the hole is SOOO deep.. They floated his across and mine also.. I barely touched the bottom standing up, and I'm around 6'3...

And here is a couple in the mud......

And here is a couple all cleaned up. with some HEFTY tires on it... Those things are HEAVY... man, I was surprised on how heavy they were....
And there is snorks on it now......

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
****. that's insane that the honda in that video didnt sink to the bottom.. Thats WAY too deep for any machine without snorkels

·
Administrator
15,539 Posts
yeah he HAS to have it snorkeld inside the pod... otherwise it would have died.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
It would have died for sure. I don't think anyone mentioned Honda's in general don't like water just the Rincon. I was unaware of the dieing in water problem till I read this post. My friend has one and crossed the small creed at Red Creek and it died for no reason in the water. The water wasn't very deep at all and he was on the throttle. Now I'm putting two and two together. I personally like Honda's for the reliability, but that's about it. If they were to put the Rubicon Transmission in a Rincon then they would have a good bike. The Rubicon is 5 speed with lower gears and the Rincon is only 3. When you add bigger tires to the Rincon it just throws the gearing way off. Why Honda's doesn't see the need for a change is beyond me. It's a simple fix. Otherwise a great bike with monsterious ground cleareance when lifted.

·
Team BS
396 Posts
What size tires are you going to put on it? If you're trail riding and not going to put anything bigger than a 27" or maybe 28", then you will have plenty of power for what you want. As far as ride, I've heard it called the cadillac of atvs. They also say that a programmer will really wake up the rincon.

·
Team BS
396 Posts
Oh and as far as water goes, get some di-electric grease for all the electrical connections and spark plug boot (same for any bike). I've seen rincons going chest deep no problems.

·
Wilson Creek Riders
152 Posts
Oh and as far as water goes, get some di-electric grease for all the electrical connections and spark plug boot (same for any bike). I've seen rincons going chest deep no problems.

Yep, I even had to on my can-am..... Not at first, but after the first creek season, yeah... HAD to have it.
It was not a question on need or WANT to put it on the polaris...OMG

I guess I am just mis-imformed about all this HONDA and water problems.... But I dont think so.. There are MANY MANY honda's around here, and heck, to be honest, that is about ALL you see in the creeks in Ky... Atleast Clarks river, Soldier Creek, and Wilson Creek......... Everybody look at you funny for having a belt driven....

But they look at your BEHIND, cause they are always behind!!!! LOL:eek:

·
Registered
101 Posts
i have seen a couple of things i didnt like.

1. Exhaust is turned down to where water can get in it easily.
2. There is electrical wiring that ive heard if you get it under water it will shut off, and that goes back to the first problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have two brutes and a 2007 rincon. You can't go wrong. It's the best bike I have ever owned. It has 27 xtr's on it and it turns them fine. It just will not pull like a brute. My ex rides it and she wouldn't take anything else. It is snorkeled and sealed up tight. She tries to cross every pond we see. Never had any stalling issues. When I am hunting or just crusing, I hop on the rinny. We just like the brutes because they are wheelie making machines that will pull anything. I think we have a perfect combo. The Rincon rides super nice and the brute will pull everyone out.

·
Registered
226 Posts
thats is true rhett

·
Registered
1 Posts
Save your money... Buy a Rubicon !!! Never had any problems with mine. Mud, Water, Trail riding... you name it... She can handle it all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i heard that the smooth reliability of it was incredible but does lack a lil power

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2008 Honda Rincon all i do is deeeep mud no problems i've pulled popos out bf's out and ride all day long stock to stock i can hang with a brute 750, The bike is really smooth with minor cheap mods you can increase the horse power like a power tip and k&n filter. This is my rincon

Attachments

·
Backwoodz Boggerz
1,580 Posts
my sons wife rides a rinny w29.5 laws, lift, j&e 680 piston kit, mud buster cam, dyna box, hmf pipe(toooo loud). the only problem i see with it is the idle has to be set to be set low for it to go into gear, an it will die a lot sitting on dry ground when you shift into gear, as far as low end power the mods help this machine alot, but now quite enough, planning on doing gear reduction soon, then i think it will be alright

·
Registered
17 Posts
my sons wife rides a rinny w29.5 laws, lift, j&e 680 piston kit, mud buster cam, dyna box, hmf pipe(toooo loud). the only problem i see with it is the idle has to be set to be set low for it to go into gear, an it will die a lot sitting on dry ground when you shift into gear, as far as low end power the mods help this machine alot, but now quite enough, planning on doing gear reduction soon, then i think it will be alright
If u put a power commander or the hmf re programmer it will take care of the idle situation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
WATCH THE RINCONS,,,,i have seen alot of rincons before and all of them die when they hit water,,,,,if your cruzin out the trail and splash a puttle it dies becuz they have an auto shut off senser in them,,,,,i just dnt like them, 2 of them couldnt pull my friends recon out of a mud hole
ok first off someone i think it was nightowl said that the newer rincons have torque converter well i have a 2003 650 the first year they were put out and mine has a torque converter second off this is for bruteforcerider13 i have 13 other friends that ride rincons and its a mixture of 650's & 680"s some stock some modded and then 2 that are modded to the maxx i guess you would say custom bikes out of all the years i have rode honda not 1 rincon have i seen stall when it get wel or is over the rack in water idk where your from or where the bikes came from that are giving yall this kinda trouble but they must have some kinda defect my bike is all custom and i will put it up aginst any other bike out there especially the brutes and the outlanders or renigade this is why i built the rincon just so i could have the bragging right as to say i have a honda that will walk all over your brute or can am noone believes me untill its time to pay there lost dues lol i get more satisfaction from seeing the look on there face tho its priceless HONDA "NO BELT MAFIA"

21 - 38 of 38 Posts