Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have been debating about snorkeling my 07 750 but after trying to change the rear spark plug and breaking the threads off in the motor. I decided since I was pulling the plastic and belt snorkel to get to the plug hole to go for it. I got the threads out pretty easy. Thank God

So here is my question. I ran the carb vents, rad overflow vent,and tank vent. Is their anything else I should run to the pod or do while im in there. Ive sealed up the drain on the airbox but thought I would just leave the big hose going to the valve cover going tho the box.

I will start running pipe tomm. Any suggestions let me know.

I dont ride in deep water, Im doing it for piece of mind but want it right.

THANKS FOR THE HELP

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Congrats on getting that broken plug out.

You've covered everything. The diffs are already done for you. I seal the airbox with silicone cause it often dips under for a sec but if you arent riding deep there should be no need. Make sure you apply dielectric grease to every connector u can find including the spark plug boots. Also you may want to apply some anti-seize to the spark plug threads. Will save from doing what you had to do this time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool Now Im crossing my fingers on jetting. Gonna follow directions and hopefully have pics tomm.
Thanks
Wade

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
Are you runnin a stock exhaust? If you are, and you use the 3" rubber 90* like the instructions say, you most likely wont have to rejet ;)

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
you should be ok then. let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Polaris425 is correct.....When I snorkeled mine it was all stock and i did what he said with the 3 inch rubber 90 and I didn't have to rejett.....but every bike is different so good luck.

I can help you with jetting you have too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help. It aint as easy as it looks in the pics. It was **** trying to get them things straightand the guy that designed atv plastics sucks.. I got it done and it runs great. I havent checked it WOT but got it to about 40 at the house and she was still pulling strong.
AGAIN thanks for the help and a cool website.

O and belts and clutches sure make some scary noises

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
haha,... a little bit whine is normal while your sitting still & in gear.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Haha yeah that new snorkel pipe acts like a megaphone attached to the clutch housing.

You'll get use to that though.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i hate the loud sound right in yer face. hate it!
i cant hear the engine proper at lower rpm's and idle

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Put a muffler on it LOL

Steve have you tried turning it to the right so it does not face you? That might help.

I got use to it and don't pay it much attention anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I had mine turned and pointing at the thumb throttle this winter. Felt good on my frozen fingers:bigok:

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
ill try to turn it though im finnicky about how things look. i like things even.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts