Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so let start off with i'm not the best mechanic, but i do all right most of the time. So I have a Kawasaki Prairie 360 4x4 and i'm in the middle of putting it back together after a top end rebuild and I snapped off one of the cylinder bolts next to the timing chain. This bolt is not near the combustion cylinder, but sits under the cam chain access plate and is a lot smaller than the main bolts on top. What do you guys with a lot more experience think, is it maybe going to cause me problems down the road or should i just pull everything and change it now.

Thanks for the help

·
7,388 Posts
Oh boy..well I assume it's one of the two cylinder base bolts. They assure no movement between the case and the cylinder and add extra pressure to the base gasket on that side of the chain area. If it were any larger I would say mandatory...have to have it. But it's just a 360 so the head bolts will probably hold it with the correct torque. If it doesn't it will just seep some oil. So, do it if you want it right but it's my opinion you can get away with not having it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey NMKawierider..that's kinda what I was thinking, the 360 is not that much of a beast anyway and the bolts on the side are to small to apply that much pressure to the cyclinder head. I'm gonna put it back together and see if its a issue. Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts