Mud in My Blood Forum banner

How bout a GAS truck picture thread!

51K views 133 replies 73 participants last post by  SparkyPrep 
#1 · (Edited)
Seen a diesel thread, and didnt see a picture thread for gas trucks. Here is mine a GMC sierra, it's not the fanciest but hauls my toys and gets me where i want to go (regardless of weather) nicely :) I apologize for the ugly tail lights they have since been changed to some 2004 oems, it also has full length nerf bars,window visors.
6" BDS suspension lift
3" BDS body lift
1" add a leaf in rear and torsion adjusted front
4.56 gears front/rear with auburn locker
37" swampers
rhino lined bed
single 3" exhaust
diablo programmer
5% limo tint
Halo projection headlights(look cool imo but suck for lighting)
More will come performance wise
truck is loaded 4 door with leather,etc.

will be putting a bull bar and some nice driving lights on,cowl hood, and well dont think it ever freaking stops ;)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
2003 F-150 FX4 Lariat

Not many mods on it right now

*Turbo Exhaust Dualed out the rear
*Husky Liner Floor Mats
*Tool Box
*Cobra 29 LTD Classic
*Westin Nerf Bars
*%15 on the windows
*My "Little Friend" under the seat ;)

Before it I had a 2007 Dodge Ram QC 1500 HEMI :rockn:

#4 ·
2006 GMC Sierra
2" leveling kit
Wrangler silent armor
Husky floor liners
Line-X bed liner
first pic is right after i got it before step bars, tires and 2"

Attachments

#5 ·
Here's my 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 LoneStar Edition... Nothing fancy...
4.7L w/K&N filter and Flowmaster muffler dual out...
trailer brake controls for towing my Jeep...

#6 ·
Well I sold this truck early last year but thought I would post some pic's......I bought it as a very rough roller with cab only 79 model then rebuilt her in my shed from the ground up. Ended up with a 75 front clip and style side box, power steer, 31 spline 9" rear with mini spool, American racing wheels with 35" hoops, 302 Cleveland with Comp Cam, MSD ect. Did almost all the work myself inc panel and paint. Oh yeah and it was used in the filming of Mad Max movies as a camera truck.

#8 ·
heres my 98 GMC 2wd:

2" lift springs (front), flow sound muffler w/ turndown, Flashpaq, HIDs (lows only), 30x9.5 Toyo Open Country ATs, and 191k miles

the last pic is how it use to sit with a 2" drop in the rear, which is how it sat for most of its life. i thought it was time for a lil change.

oh yeah, dont mind the bent front bumper, my TRUCK hit a house lol. i have another one to put on, but just havent done it

Attachments

#9 ·
04 GMC 1500
K&N cold air intake
SuperChip programmer (set on performance)
410 gear front an rear with Eaton locker in rear
6" ProComp lift,,,3" body lift
37x13.5x20 Kumho Road Venture MT (the second set)
Jenson PhaseLiner touch screen cd player w/ two kicker comp. tens under back seat
Security features 45 cal model 1911 (big frame) mounted under front driver seat

Attachments

#10 ·
Nice trucks guys, Sloboy you think the cold air kit really did anything for performance or gas mileage? I've been looking to see bout putting one on mine. I thought it would be a good idea to get one that the filter is enclosed due to all the dirt roads i drive on. (dust) I will eventually build a motor and put some trickflow heads,cam,etc. and put a whipple charger or magnacharger,etc. on it.

#11 · (Edited)
The cold air was all performance it really woke the programmer up. I get around 13 mpg. But it will get on up when you call on it. This truck is not a daily driver so I 'm not worried about mpg. My best investment was the Kumho's they make very little to noise and wear great.

#12 ·
this is my 05 silverado, pretty plain on the outside with only the bed rails, running boards, and 22s for shoes. interior wise ive done away with the bose audio and installed 7'' touch screen cd/dvd/nav, 2 alpine type x 6.5'' component sets, moved rear seat forward 1'' to fit a custom built ported enclosure for 2 alpine type s 10'' subs and to power it all im running a alpine type x 1000 and type x 600.

#13 ·
Playin in the mud and water. 1984 E250 Quadravan "The Tank" 460 C6 4x4. Edlebrock intake and carb. 6in skyjacker lift.

I dont drive it much anymore since I bought my diesel. Just drive it every now and then to keep everything in working order. Mainly just a big play toy. Has done lots of mud runs and does really well for a conversion van. Used to be my daily driver and toy hauler. My brute fits in the back hehe. Sucks gas and hauls arse!

The motor thats in my van. Had to pull it to put a new motor mount and oil pan on it. Freshened it up a bit with some performance stuff and new water pump too.

My 1977 F250 4x4 high boy. My dad ordered back in 77. Mainly my back up 4x4. Everything works. Ac just quit workin last yr. Original clutch with almost 190k. Not much to look at but one tough truck. One of these days I will restore it.

#14 ·
1993 Dodge Dakota 4x4 5.2L magnum
Dynoed at 350 horse it makes a fun truck for running around

Me at my college burnout contest last year. Out of about 20 other trucks I definately won the contest!

#17 ·
2001 Chevy 1500 6.0L gasser supercharged 550hp at the crank
One of the shop trucks. Sitting back at stock height plus 3in body lift due to a snapped rear axle.
Wasnt spending the money to fix it all back to this height.
For sale if anyone is intrested. Still have tires and lift componets.

#21 ·
My beast 97 f150 Built motor, built trans, Moser built rear. You name it the truck has it, basically the paint is the only thing i havent changed yet. Made 520hp on pump gas with a ported eaton supercharger. Ran 7.20's in the 1/8 mile full weight on pump gas. Currently in many many pieces for a turbo build.

My dd/tow rig 2010 F150

#22 ·
^Yea thats what im talkin bout! Dang better than a lightning haha. Love the valve covers.

#25 ·
Thanks guys, my neighbor who has a bodyshop painted them. He does really nice work and is the best air brusher ( i guess thats whats its called) i ever seen. The plan is for the truck to look something similar to the valve covers this fall. Im going to get all the fab work and cage done then make it look nice.

This truck has seen it all from lots of nitrous on the stock motor, to a vortech, to the built motor with a ported eaton, ported eaton with spray, 2.3L Kenne Bell with spray. Its been through many different transformations.

The Kenne Bell was the funnest, lighting the tires up at 60mph going down the highway was fun.

#27 ·
I'm so jealous. :crying: I'm really hoping one day mine will grow up one day to look like those. It just seems so little when I park next to be big guy in a parking lot ... sigh....

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.