Mud in My Blood Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts
i spliced mine into the hose goin into the radiator. that way u can get a water temp reading of the water coming out of the motor.

First I used a T-splice to tap into the orange wire that runs into the Acc. plug. Then I ran a wire from the splice to the power prong of the switch.

Next I used a T-splice to tap into the blue wire coming from the back of the fan. I then ran a wire from the splice to the load prong of the switch.

Third I ran a ground wire from the ground on battery to the earth prong of the switch. The light and everything worked fine and fan came on as it should.

I did all this and everything worked fine....until I drilled the hole for the toggle switch and mounted it. Have checked all fuses and everything and cannot figure this out...

Even if you could i think that you would have 2 things that would probably make the results mediocre.

1. if you looks that the fins they are made to be efficient in 1 direction. while you would feel it blow if the direction were reverse it wouldnt be as efficient as blowing the direction it was made to.
  2. if the fan is running in reverse, while moving you will be countering the air coming form the front due to movement. might cause the heat to stagnate.

First I used a T-splice to tap into the orange wire that runs into the Acc. plug. Then I ran a wire from the splice to the power prong of the switch.

Next I used a T-splice to tap into the blue wire coming from the back of the fan. I then ran a wire from the splice to the load prong of the switch.

Third I ran a ground wire from the ground on battery to the earth prong of the switch. The light and everything worked fine and fan came on as it should.

I did all this and everything worked fine....until I drilled the hole for the toggle switch and mounted it. Have checked all fuses and everything and cannot figure this out...
Still haven't figured this one out...I know I have seen some threads on here about the relay and fuse. How/which one to bypass?

fan switch

did mine the same way. I also went to the key. spliced into the hot side of the key only thing is i used a safety switch on mine. Even if you leave the fan on as soon as you turn off the key the fan turns off , by the way thanks for the step by step instructions.

i ran my middle post to the blue wire on the fan and ran the ground post to the ground on the fan. then i went from the battery to the power post on the switch. its hot all the time and still comes on with the sensor. the light even lights up on the switch when it comes on with the sensor.

I know the last post on this thread was 7 months ago, but need to ask a dumb question. Why add a fan switch? I have the plastics off my brute right now for snorkels and mech temp gage. I could do the fan switch, but I'm wondering why? If the thermostat and fan work, when would I hit the manual switch?

what is the proper way to add the fan switch on 2009 brute,some say you need to hook jumper wires into both sides of temp. sensor on radiator and then to the switch and there is this way by black on black650 which has nothing to do with temp. sensor.i want it to go on as it normally would,but if i feel she is getting pushed hard i can turn it on. i personally think the black on black650 way is correct,but i am confused.

will this still work twith the sensor under the bench in case u forget to turn it on??

1 more question is the acc plug the 12v plug on the side??

21 - 40 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.