Mud in My Blood Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts
Good write up...I did mine this way yesterday and everything turned out perfect..

awesome write up! Just got done with mine. I graphed the wires together for power other than using t connectors. Less of a chance of them seperating. Im just wondering now if the fan will still kick on when its suppose to when the switch is off.

awesome write up! Just got done with mine. I graphed the wires together for power other than using t connectors. Less of a chance of them seperating. Im just wondering now if the fan will still kick on when its suppose to when the switch is off.

In theory....If it was done the same as above, it will still come on when it is supposed to. I wired mine like above and have not got it hot enough to come on yet. Im working on my temp gauge and rad relocation and then ill test it and find out for sure.

In theory....If it was done the same as above, it will still come on when it is supposed to. I wired mine like above and have not got it hot enough to come on yet. Im working on my temp gauge and rad relocation and then ill test it and find out for sure.

I 100% agree with theory. But when it comes to electricity, theory gets blown out of the water. Guess I'll find out next time i ride, glad i got a gauge and a fan switch now :)

I 100% agree with theory. But when it comes to electricity, theory gets blown out of the water. Guess I'll find out next time i ride, glad i got a gauge and a fan switch now :)
Yeah im glad I finally got my gauge and relocation done...Its just killing me that I ran out of antifreeze so I couldnt finish filling it all to test...Guess thats what im doing first thing in the morning haha

i hooked my switchon my 05 brute 750 to the sensor on the rad. one wire in one prong and the other wire in the other prong. i didnt splice anything and it works great. none of you guys did it this way. am i going to blow something or what.

Obveously you turn the switch off when you hit water, but does that necessarily mean that the water will cool it off quick enough for the sensor to turn the fan off? is that something i should even worry about?

Well if you have the switch on, and the motor is still hot enough for the sensor to make it stay on when you cut the switch off, then yeah it's gonna run when you hit the water... Just depends on how long you are in the water I guess, if it's going to cool down enough for the sensor to cut off. Temp of the water will probably matter too, but, none of that really has any affect on your manual switch b/c, it's going to happen whether you have one or not.

Only way to get around that is to go with just a manual switch and bypass the sensor all together, but, then you have to remember to just run it pretty much all the time.

I might try this. Installed the mech gauge acouple weeks ago and the fan isn't kicking on until 225ish and shuts off at 209. Seems way to hot

I agree. Im sure this would suite me well, especially since I ride alot of slow technical trails and rock crawl.

question? There was talk of putting a jumper on both terminals for an 08 and up temp sensor and then to the switch. Is this true? Any help would be great.

If you bridge the sencer, you will make it act like its hot all the time and the fan will run all the time. If you want to control that, put a switch inline on the ground lead...the one going to the fan switch from the motor...and ground the other side of the switch. WaLa...manual control.

So what your saying is, just hook up as per the directions. Hook into blue wire, hook into power and ground switch, and should be good to go?

I did basically the same way... but I put the switch into that black plastic that the snorkels are already drilled for.... and I am a firm beliver in Soldering all my joints and connections and I heat shrink them all as well... then wrap them in wire loom... I came off the fan with those wires and using a piece of the 1/4 hose that I used for the carb vent when I did my snorkels I cut a piece of it about 1-2" long pushed it through the 3/8" rubber grommet and feed the wires down through it. Then a piece of 3/8" Wire loom cut tight from the fan to the grommet wrapped them and left a nice clean look from the fan to the plastics...

The rest is done in basically the same way as is described... Is just DC wiring after all... don't know if you can see properly in the picture what I did with it, but hopefuly I explained it properly.

Attachments

Man I did exactly what you said and my fan isnt coming on just wondering if you had an ideas of why she might not be coming on? I posted a thread and a few guys are helping me with it but the more people the quicker the answer! Thanks

dont want to beat a dead horse, but why not just use the wires at the sensor. here is how i did mine.

what i used:
regular on off switch
2 pieces of wire 3 feet long
solder and soldering gun

1 rune wires to sensor
2 pull factory wires off sensor
3 slide new wires in to factory wire cover and under the boots for each wire
4 solder the new wires to the factory wire ends and put them back on sensor
5 hook other ends of new wire to switch and mount it .

fan works like factory or i can turn it on when i want to

41 - 60 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.