Mud in My Blood Forum banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Administrator
15,563 Posts
Speed sensor sounds like... search in the kawi section I think there are some threads about it floating around.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi

hey did you ever find what your trouble was? i have the same problem it was all working great but the fan so i fixed the buss connector and after i was done everything worked great except the 4x4? it wont engage the light stays on 2x4 never makes noise or anything. just acts like im not pushing the switch? any help would be greatly appreciated thank you very much

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

hey did you get thisd problkem fixed on yours? mine has no 4x4 after fixing the buss connector, was just fine before? thank u much

·
Tech Advisor
875 Posts
hey did you ever find what your trouble was? i have the same problem it was all working great but the fan so i fixed the buss connector and after i was done everything worked great except the 4x4? it wont engage the light stays on 2x4 never makes noise or anything. just acts like im not pushing the switch? any help would be greatly appreciated thank you very much

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

hey did you get thisd problkem fixed on yours? mine has no 4x4 after fixing the buss connector, was just fine before? thank u much
If it worked before test the ground continuity at the actuator. Depending how you tied all the browns together, you may have a bad connection on one

·
Registered
6 Posts
no 4x4

ok i will check my ggrounds but one question, it says on here that a fuse can blow? is there another fuse on them other than the trhee in the main fuse box under the seat? like hidden ones or anything? i dont have a manual yet but im definately gettin one soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
no ground

ok i checked the wires and i dsont have any ground at the switch the 2x4 4x4 on the handle? if i ground the green wire it all works fine? where could i have lost the ground ? i will check the brown wires i checked the black ones cause i thought they were the grounsd, thank ytoyu where shopuld i look for the lost ground now?

·
Tech Advisor
875 Posts
ok i checked the wires and i dsont have any ground at the switch the 2x4 4x4 on the handle? if i ground the green wire it all works fine? where could i have lost the ground ? i will check the brown wires i checked the black ones cause i thought they were the grounsd, thank ytoyu where shopuld i look for the lost ground now?
The black with yellow are all grounds, the browns all tie into the the grounds if I remember right. Pretty sure they also go to the 4x4 components

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have 2 buss connectors (2006 BF 750). A yellow one with all the black/yellow wires, then a separate white buss connector with the white and brown wires. Is this the fix by Kaw? Or, do I need to do the fix to both b. connectors? Thanks.

The reason asking, I installed a winch and a plow. When I lift the plow with the winch and the engine isn't running, the winch will lift the plow. With the engine running, the winch acts if it doesn't have enough voltage and won't lift the plow.

PS I have my winch, elec. fuel pump mod, and hand/throttle warmers all tied into the accessory (brown) wire. Could that be too much draw? If so, what wire color for hot lead to the winch? Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
OK, I found the problem with the winch. I had the ground for the winch connected to the starter selenoid rather than directly to the battery. My ground wire is too short to route under the frame, so will have to go to Napa and get a longer cable.

So, does everyone recommend the buss fix even if no problems. I am reading about problemos after the fix. What's the overall opinion?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Lately my belt light has been coming on and I reset it and couple days later it will come back on again without even riding the bike it's happen about 3 times already I just turn it on every 3 days or so to keep it running and today my belt light was on and the 2wd 4wd flashing every sec could this be a possible fix ???

·
Registered
32 Posts
ok thanks for the reply yea its the buss connector i just tried to turn on the quad and the belt light was on so i did the reset and i started moving the buss connector around and baaammmm!!! belt light came on again. i will be tackeling this job tomorrow after work i dont have a soldering iron but i will use the electrical nuts should be ok with a little di-electrical grease huh??

·
Super Moderator
7,603 Posts
ok thanks for the reply yea its the buss connector i just tried to turn on the quad and the belt light was on so i did the reset and i started moving the buss connector around and baaammmm!!! belt light came on again. i will be tackeling this job tomorrow after work i dont have a soldering iron but i will use the electrical nuts should be ok with a little di-electrical grease huh??

My opinion is, "do it right or don't bother". Wire nuts do not last and you will be doing this all over again. Solder them and use heat shrink, then coat with either electrical grade RTV or liquid tape and be done with it...for ever.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just had my brute out over the weekend and friday it did fine and then sunday the headlights started flashing and the speedometer and everything was reading all sorts of different stuff. 4x4 still worked but it would not start using the electric start. It is an 05 so im guessing this is the problem but just wanted to check and see what anyone else thought first

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
jcutter,that could be a bad ground connection from the battery or wire harness,or could be the buss connector front or rear one. Most guys just repair the rear buss,but I did front and rear buss connectors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So the 2007 650i dosen't have this connector, so there's one headache I can rid my mind of very helpful to those who do need it, what does the bus do and where does it plug in just curious I do alot of repairs for people

·
Super Moderator
7,603 Posts
Buss connecters just connect a number of grounds and other like system wires together at one point. They were never water proof so the one in the rear on most machines that "Go Deep" always got filled with water and corrode. That one is next to the frame close to the tank vent port. All the 05 IRS had them and the early 06s.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts